Well thats me off my bike for a while too....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'd never heard of any variety of the condition - it sounds really nasty.
Neither had I, but like many things you never learn about them until they affect your life. Apparently I'm one of around 25 people in the UK who suffer this recurrent variety, and at the moment my consultant believes it to be hereditary..

Only just spotted this thread, very sorry to hear about it and do hope it is just a blip

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well that's a downer:sad:
Blood test last week showed my muscles had started dying as per normal. Repeat test yesterday put it at a tad worse that episode 4 last year. That's me out for a bit longer than I was expecting then. Bugger:angry:

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Horrible horrible. Dropping off the pain killers at the moment which means the jitters, paranoia and falling into tears at the slightest thing. Quite fed up with this rhabdomyolysis now.

I know where you are at and you have my best wishes and if you want them sympathies.

I'm dreading seeing my consultant on Thursday. I'm going down hill, needing more pain killers and really totally fed up of seeing the same 4 walls. I just want a normal life back. On Thursday it will have been 4 months since it happened! Ahhhhhhh

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I know where you are at and you have my best wishes and if you want them sympathies.

I'm dreading seeing my consultant on Thursday. I'm going down hill, needing more pain killers and really totally fed up of seeing the same 4 walls. I just want a normal life back. On Thursday it will have been 4 months since it happened! Ahhhhhhh
Funny isn't it, despite all mod cons, TV, music, internet, that we still crave the outdoors and exercise.
Thanks for the kind words, likewise to yourself and I do hope that things improve for you.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Tough days at the moment. Sleep is not easy and for the past couple of nights I've ended up on the sofa, last night I had the jitters bad and took the sofa option to t r y not to disturb my wife. She's been through it over the past couple of years and despite other issues has been my rock. This morning she drove off to take the kids to school and go to work, and in my mind they were gone forever. Paranoia, no fun, and despite efforts to clear the thought I still had to drive round to her work to make sure she was ok.

How can you have 3 bikes, with everything in common, except the frame. All parts are shared, and yet the frames are linked like a chain. That is one of many things which kept sleep away last night.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
What a week. Until last night I've had every night on the sofa. Panic attacks which leave me breathless with fear, constant anxiety and bursting into tears for no reason have been the way of the week. I have managed to get out of the house a couple of times to take the kids to school which meant driving. I've always been quite happy driving, but at the moment it's no fun, I'm tense and it's uncomfortable on the legs. Walked the dogs yesterday and today too, and that really shows where the muscle loss has gone on. Still, no pain, no gain, and I need to get back up to fitness sharpish and get back to work (who have, to their credit, been excellent once more).
Still have no kitchen, although we do now have a working washing machine. Hoping I can convince my brother to come over at the weekend with Dad and put the kitchen in, at least the base units so we can get the worktop fitters in and have a sink once again....

Top Bottom