Well that's me off my bike for a while

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope things start looking up soon and you can get back on the trike :hugs:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
How long are you supposed to be off the bike for?
He asked me to stay off the recumbent trike for 3 weeks, but then I have been so ill that I have not wanted to do anything.

My Dr came out again yesterday and confirmed that I am free from my chest infection (in both lungs) and that the green gunk I am coughing up could well be what all asthmatics cough up... I'm not so certain that is the case because I still have a very sore throat, though it is not the upper throat - that was also checked and given a clean bill of health). I think it is probably around the vocal chords where the issues are still and I may well have an infection there. My Dr thinks the no voice issue is as a result of a muscle spasm because I can whisper only, but everything is there correctly. I know I have cough nodules on my vocal chords and did have an ENT referral but have had to cancel it with me not being able to get there. Right now, I suspect I still have an infection sited around the vocal chords - I say this because if I eat anything or drink anything, and then have a coughing fit (which usually go hand in hand) what I cough up tends to be coated in what I have recently eaten/drunk. Time will tell, but at least I am off the antibiotics now.

On the bright side of things, I can now sit vertically on a hard surface for 5 minutes without pain! This is a first since my back went at the beginning of November, so the fusing of the spine was definitely the right course of action and some healing does seem to be happening on that front. Sadly the paralysis in my right leg remains unimproved so I guess that is something I am going to have to learn to live with. But at least we are looking like I might stand a chance of leaving my home by car in the near future and my step-father has stated I can have his wheelchair and he has even suggested I can borrow his mobility scooter (but I don't think I will... not for the time being that is!)

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
I've just had the very first night I have slept all the way through since this started! I have found a new pillow and it seems to work. It's a large U shaped pillow that stops me turning/rolling onto my back during the night.
It's not as big as the picture shows only comes to my knees but it seems to work and whilst 2 pillows behind me were working to a point with another between my knees and ankles, this makes turning over much easier not that I actually woke up to turn over.

41+LsHeFo5L.jpg

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've just had the very first night I have slept all the way through since this started! I have found a new pillow and it seems to work. It's a large U shaped pillow that stops me turning/rolling onto my back during the night.
It's not as big as the picture shows only comes to my knees but it seems to work and whilst 2 pillows behind me were working to a point with another between my knees and ankles, this makes turning over much easier not that I actually woke up to turn over.

View attachment 92621
That's good news! Long may it continue! :bravo:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran

View attachment 92621

Good news! Sleep can be a great healer. You've changed your hair style since your avatar photo was taken!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

View attachment 92621
That's a great step forward, a proper nights sleep always helps.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
I've just managed a 34 minute ride in the car! :wahhey:

It could well be time to ask my step-father if I can borrow his wheelchair for when I can finally sit up right! The car seat is still well titled but it does mean that I can get to my hospital appointment on the 30th without the need for a private ambulance. We will speak to them in advance about somewhere for me to lie down, because I won't be able to sit in the waiting room yet, but it will save us £150*

*(Bupa have changed their t&cs over the new financial year and if you can't sit, they still won't cover you for a stretcher to for an appointment to see your consultant, only for surgery and medical tests... so you can't get to your consultant to get the tests ordered, but they will pay for transport for those tests you can't get ordered.. :blink: :wacko:)

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I've just managed a 34 minute ride in the car! :wahhey:

It could well be time to ask my step-father if I can borrow his wheelchair for when I can finally sit up right! The car seat is still well titled but it does mean that I can get to my hospital appointment on the 30th without the need for a private ambulance. We will speak to them in advance about somewhere for me to lie down, because I won't be able to sit in the waiting room yet, but it will save us £150*

*(Bupa have changed their t&cs over the new financial year and if you can't sit, they still won't cover you for a stretcher to for an appointment to see your consultant, only for surgery and medical tests... so you can't get to your consultant to get the tests ordered, but they will pay for transport for those tests you can't get ordered.. :blink: :wacko:)
Good news!

How's the cycling going? Are you slowly extending your range on the trike?

Top Bottom