Well today SUCKED!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
personal choice, I only wear gloves in winter. In the summer I dont why as its not something I even considered. What is natural for one person is not for the other.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yh tbh I got my fcr for free so I dont really give her the tlc she needs, if I was to finally invest in a carbon bike it would be different. £1000 of my hard earned money*minimum wage* its not an easy savong for me 2 spend out on :smile:
It's not about TLC with carbon, it's about not crashing in a way that damages the frame :smile:

Is spending £1000 on a bike if you can't afford it a sensible thing to do? You could get an extremely good 2nd hand alu bike for £500 or less

vickster

Legendary Member
personal choice, I only wear gloves in winter. In the summer I dont why as its not something I even considered. What is natural for one person is not for the other.
A couple of bad falls and bruised but not scraped palms makes it natural for me :smile: Do end up with a stupid tan though!

OP
OP
Enis Baysal

Enis Baysal

I can afford it lol :smile: and as I am improving it would be nice to have a decent carbon bike instead of buying a £500 one now just to buy another in the future anyway? Longer term investment the way i see it. And to be honest.. since I stopped riding the motorbike ive noticed I have a little extra to be able to spend :smile:
Its probably the best investment I would have ever made.. ever! Lol :smile:!!

mustang1

Legendary Member
Simply another choice and risk isn't it?

I rode yesterday afternoon without gloves. Set out with them on, stopped for a coffee and didn't put them back on. Did maybe 60km like that. It's quite a different feeling and one which, tbh, I quite like.

Suffice it to say that I can see why people weigh up the risks and choose to ride without.
Yeah cycling without gloves is quite a refreshing feel but.I.don't do.it often.

I really like riding without gloves but have come off a couple of times and lost the skin off the palms of my hands...wasn't nice so now they are a must for every ride!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Don't forget gloves and mitts are also useful for gliding over the tyres while still moving, to knock off tiny objects that could cause a puncture.

Top Bottom