Well well well.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Described as a shocking moment,a group of cyclists on a Sunday run,ignore barriers,well well.No wonder they get a bad name.

Yeah, bloody wannabees, and ALL wearing team kit! Posers.

In the third cat races I used to ride if you pulled a stunt like that you'd be disqualified without question and most likely suspended too. Just because they're pro's it should make no difference, the potential for loss of life amongst the rail passengers is the same on hitting a pack of cyclists regardless of what ability the cyclists are.

In the third cat races I used to ride if you pulled a stunt like that you'd be disqualified without question and most likely suspended too. Just because they're pro's it should make no difference, the potential for loss of life amongst the rail passengers is the same on hitting a pack of cyclists regardless of what ability the cyclists are.

They should be disqualified for cheating but as they never stopped the druggies when it was rife I doubt it'll happen, as to risking train passengers, you're kidding right? Some suicides are only discovered when they jet wash the chassis, I think the TGV might spill a G&T or two on collecting a team car.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

They are very likely to be disqualified. The rules for the race say that going through barriers are 'strictly forbidden' as opposed to 'forbidden'. The offenders will be sanctioned.

They should be disqualified for cheating but as they never stopped the druggies when it was rife I doubt it'll happen, as to risking train passengers, you're kidding right? Some suicides are only discovered when they jet wash the chassis, I think the TGV might spill a G&T or two on collecting a team car.
No I'm not kidding. I know carbon bikes are pretty fragile but I for one wouldn't want to be on a train trying to ride through a pack of them. Regardless of race rules and commissaire decisions, if you ask me the cyclists jumping the barriers should face criminal prosecution.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Somebody designed a route where there was a possibility that the peloton would get hit by a speeding train? :eek:

Levo-Lon

Guru
^^^ agree ,but if the peloton came via Tallington pboro you often get stuck there for 5 ,6, trains so 10 mins plus.

taking chances with a TGV !!!!

winjim

Smash the cistern
So - if a cyclist does it, it's competitive. I assume you had your tongue firmly in cheek when you posted that. I can only imagine the outrage on this very forum if this was a clip of a car or pedestrian doing the same thing!
You do realise they were in a race don't you?

Slioch

Guru
Cycling Weekly are reporting that none of the riders will face sanctions. Here.

Race director Thierry Gouvenou later confirmed that none of the riders would face sanction for not waiting, despite the UCI rules demanding riders be disqualified by the commissaires for crossing after the barriers had come down, which is also against the law.

Maybe they take a more relaxed view to this kind of thing on the Continent, compared to the more uptight and anally retentive approach to "elf & safety" we seem to have here in the UK?

I appreciate that these guys were racing competitively, but whichever way you look at it I don't think that running across the tracks in front of an oncoming TGV going at full pelt is the smartest thing to do :wacko:

Top Bottom