welsh accents on girls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Abitrary

linfordlunchbox said:
I usually end up in the Italian Ice cream shop when I get down that way :thumbsdown:

A beach resort, where all the girls look and talk like stacey, from gavin and stacey, called mumbles. Holiday sorted.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Have a listen to stacey's accent in this clip, she's the blonde one:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vUfre-D7VKE

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Talking of accents, I was in a club in Liverpool many years ago and spotted this lovely Anglo Chinese girl - red and gold choengsam, doe eyes - I eventually plucked up the courage to go and talk to her but as soon as she opened her mouth.... I think she was Cilla Black's vocal coach!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I used to have a girlfriend, Carisse, who looked and sounded like her - she was a nurse. We met at the Pontadawe festival I think... happy days.

Plax

Guru
Gavin & Stacey is South Walian Welsh. I find it more "sing songy" than up here. I don't think I have much of an accent (went to an English speaking secondary school so most of my school friends were English), but my non-Welsh friends say that I have a Welsh twang. I lived in Swansea for 3 years and noticed the accents there. Much stronger accent.
BTW - In North Wales we always have the Welsh first followed by the English on the sign posts. It was one of the first things I noticed in Swansea - it's English first followed by Welsh.
Mumbles and the Gower are really nice. Frequently did the "Mumbles Mile" and ended up in Cinderella's. Is that club still there?

Plax

Guru
miloat said:
My mum just did that mumbles mile i think some sort of pub crawl i believe?

Oh Yes ;)

yello

The misses is Welsh, from Gorseinon in Swansea. She fortunately sounds nothing like Stacey :biggrin:

On the weather girl front, I used to turn the sound down for Lara Lewington... but it was nothing to do with her accent.

LLB

yello said:
The misses is Welsh, from Gorseinon in Swansea. She fortunately sounds nothing like Stacey :smile:

On the weather girl front, I used to turn the sound down for Lara Lewington... but it was nothing to do with her accent.

My mum comes from Garden Village so I know the area well. I went through Gorseinon on saturday on my way into the Gower, and dropped into the motorcycle shop M&P on the Garngoch Rd (as well as Busters Accessories near the DVLA centre). Damn handy if you do the m/cycle thing - Does your missus say 'Look Ewe, thats lovely' cos my mum says it all the time :smile:

Top Bottom