welsh accents on girls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
i like a welsh accent (must be the welsh blood in my veins), but i'm also partial to lowland scots (hence married to a scots lass).

I would agree with that. My missus has a friend from Edinburgh who is nice enough but not Miss Scotland, but on the phone.............:smile::tongue:

my other half has a gorgeous voice - soft sheffield accent but I'm also partial to a bit of soft lancs/geordie/weegie...nothing too harsh though cos you can't understand a word of it :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Many many years ago, I lived in Northampton :biggrin:
There was a woman who did a slot on local radio called "Jenny from the Job Centre"... she had the most beautiful voice I've ever heard (S. Wales). :biggrin: Someone even started a fan club I think.....

bobg

Über Member
miloat said:
Na dont dig sorry
Now Irish on the other hand.

My wifes Irish..... you can have too much of it :biggrin:
. Mused ..... went out with a Welsh girl once ... she had hairy toes .... Is that normal? Hobbit maybe?? Man maybe ... cant remember?

The South Walian accents are definitely nicer to hear than some of the North Walian ones. The worst is a very gutteral slow rural Denbighshire accent which always sounds as if the speaker is thinking in Welsh and very reluctantly, and slowly translating into English that he hasn't spoken for the last decade.

trustysteed said:
weegie? where's that from then?

http://www.weegieweb.org.uk/

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Plax said:
Frequently did the "Mumbles Mile" and ended up in Cinderella's. Is that club still there?

Yep it's still there, although I'm not a fan. The other big club on Mumbles Head has gone - turned into a mediocre Italian restaurant. The hideous Bentley's with it mullet-topped bouncer is unfortunately still there as well. The Mumbles Mile is not all it's cracked up to me - if anyone is looking for a decent pint in that area they should PM me for off-mile tips.

Incidentally, there is a theory that the Mumbles is so named for its resemblance to a pair of tits (it has two islands at the headland which might conjure up that image). Apparently from the French mammelles. Just thought I'd throw that in...

Plax

Guru
Patrick Stevens said:
The South Walian accents are definitely nicer to hear than some of the North Walian ones. The worst is a very gutteral slow rural Denbighshire accent which always sounds as if the speaker is thinking in Welsh and very reluctantly, and slowly translating into English that he hasn't spoken for the last decade.

Sounds about right! Their a bit like that over here ;).
We've called one of the guys that works with us "Tumbleweed" as there is always a delayed reaction before he says and then subsequently does something (like go away. You'll say something to him and he'll stand there for a bit before he twigs the conversation ended about 5 mins ago). Kind of like a bit of tumbleweed blowing down a quiet dusty road.

Top Bottom