Went running this fine evening ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
...... but it ended when I encountered a foul mouth thug in the local park who wouldn't call his two guard dogs away from me, one I'm sure is a Doberman. I was crapping myself as they ran around and jumped up at me. He was laughing, not calling them off, so I started filming, camera already in hand. He then became very abusive and threatening. I tried to remain calm (sh1tting myself really because of the dogs) not wanting to agitate them but all the while he was coming closer to me. He was well built and quite tall, looking like a bad news thug. Anyway dogs then suddenly lost interest, I ran on told him they should be on leads at which point he and them came after me again, me turning to run backwards while trying to film him least he try to hit me or the dogs bite me, dogs getting very aggitated - very scary. Tell him I'm filming still - more abuse, he then turns around drops his kacks and says "Kiss my fat arse you f*****g ***** !" I sprinted over a nearby bridge to the other side of a canal. Dogs were running along opposite bank. His fat missus was shouting abuse as well. Told him I was going to call police, which prompted more abuse. Made it a short and final lap of the park, but the thug comes running over (about 6'2", white, heavily built, thug looking, in a dirty tracksuit. He then says he's going to run as well, comes right up to me, thought he was going to lump me, dogs going bananas again. I ask him twice to call them off. He does nothing. Instead he sticks one raised finger right in front of my face. "That's not big or clever either is it?" "F*** you!" "What's your name?" repeated several times. Then he gives me a name, dob and address then points to his chav Vauxhall car outside the park giving full registration. He's very aggressive, asking what am I going to do about it? I'm waking backwards the whole time. I have some good footage. I decide to get out of there asap. The dogs let me go. Back home, shaking and checking to make sure he's not followed, I call the police.

The operator at call centre is very sympathetic and understanding as to how scary this was, although she cannot find the park, or the road it's on and says they do not exist! She says I need to make a statement so officers will call later. However when later arrives and uniformed officers turn up, they try and make out there was some misunderstanding between me and the thug, that I am unduly nervous around dogs and that it is the council's responsibility to put up signs saying dogs must be on a lead :biggrin:! I don't like the sound of this. They sound like they are fobbing me off. They do not seem interested, not even in my camera footage. The male officer was a youngish lad about 23-25 years old with a huge spot on the end of his nose who did all the talking and another older woman who didn't smile once or say a word. They didn't introduce themselves, give any collar numbers or leave any card. They said they would go and speak to the owner but as it is friday night he might be down at the pub so might not be able to until tomorrow. They have full details of his chav car which I initially gave the call centre but which they were also spectacularly uninterested in. What a waste of time!

So called their call centre again and another woman I spoke to was most apologetic and said she would now grade the incident as serious. So let's see what happens.

The thug committed a number of offences not least not keeping his dogs under control (no leads what so ever), but public order offences, breach of the peace, swearing, threats of violence, baring his backside and making offensive threatening gestures at me all of which I recorded. So really an open and shut case. This guy is an easy collar, but why weren't they interested? If this chap isn't already on their radar then he is now.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'll get you next time...:biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Sounds very unnerving, and good to know you weren't harmed - sounds like it could have gone sour very quickly if the dogs or the thug had set about you.

By the sounds of things I wouldn't be surprised if he was well known down the local cop shop.

Let's hope you have better luck second time around with the police.

Cheers,
Shaun

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Joking (sorry in poor taste... I'm not Frankie Boyle)

It's possible, even probable they know who the scrote is by the sound of things, but it's strange that the cops showed so little interest, especially that you have it on film. Maybe a Gypsy and therefore relatively untouchable? Or police incompitence?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I'm glad you're all right but from my experience the police will probably argue that that isn't threatening behaviour - I know how ridiculous that sounds :biggrin:.

wafflycat

Sounds like Cambs plod has not changed in its p*$$-poor attitude to dealing with thugs over the many years since I lived in an area unlucky enough to be under its 'control'. I had a guy go for me with a hammer and at a different time, one of his dogs was in our garden, going for MrWC's throat - it's not exactly pleasant looking out of your kitchen window into your garden to see your husband fending off a dog with snapping jaws only inches from your nearest & dearest's throat. The attitude of Cambs plod was "if he had hit you with the hammer we could have done something but as he didn't actually hit you, only threatened you, there's nothing we can do" and as for the dog incident (and several more involving said dogs) it was made out that we were frightened of dogs... The best day of my life was the day we moved away from that place and out of the area covered by Cambs plod.

You have my sympathies Cranky One.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
A copper given a verbal account with no witnesses has a '6 of one and half a dozen of the other' to deal with. Video footage is worth it's weight in gold.

If what you have said is true (no reason not to be) then contact the police again, and ask to speak to a supervisor, and don't be fobbed off. if they still play silly buggers get hold of the IPCC and make a complaint against police.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Upate - plods have visited the address only to find out it is actually his mother's place. They have left a message with her advising her to tell him off for not keeping his dogs under proper control and that his behaviour was unacceptable ......... :biggrin:. I feel a complaint coming on. Will call them later to ask to speak to an inspector as this is just a joke. If this doesn't get them to take the matter seriously then it's IPCC time :smile:.

Thought I would resist calling them plods as it is a bit irreverent but have decided to do so in this update as frankly their action or inaction is laughable.

montage

God Almighty
Forgive me if this is wrong, but can't that be classed as assualt? I mean you don't actually need to physically harm people for it to be assault - I could be wrong though.

You are lucky things didn't get physical though, especially with those dogs around.
Hope it gets sorted out

Maybe trying to tell you to get back on the bike?

What a bizarre incident! I know any sort of activity be it running or cycling attracts comments but that is just weird...sounds like a complete psychopathic reaction to the comment about dogs and leads

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Sheffield_Tiger said:
Maybe trying to tell you to get back on the bike?

What a bizarre incident! I know any sort of activity be it running or cycling attracts comments but that is just weird...sounds like a complete psychopathic reaction to the comment about dogs and leads

Eh??? :thumbsup:

Trek Trauma Chris

Crankarm said:
Upate - plods have visited the address only to find out it is actually his mother's place. They have left a message with her advising her to tell him off for not keeping his dogs under proper control and that his behaviour was unacceptable

Well that should do the trick! sorted. Aren'T our police wonderful.

Maybe they are on to something (or ON something) apprehend a criminal and "do that again sonny and well tell your mom" job done.

Top Bottom