Were the moon landings faked.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
View attachment 108483
....don't need a bus, just cycle over them there craters, and squish them clangers as well...........
That is an awesome image, would make a cracking tee shirt...works on a few levels.

Did you shop this yourself?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Quite clearly it's bollocks, but I like some of the things that the conspiracy theory has generated, like this excellent video from the Beta Band:

andyfraser

Über Member
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968): $10.5 Million
Apollo Program: $25.4 Billion

So, no.
I've thought about that. They'd either have to fake the whole Apollo programme, including all the moon missions, or they'd have had to spend some of the money on a real Apollo programme and just fake the moon landings. Either way they would've spent a lot of money.

Another big problem would be how to keep everyone quiet. A few people would have to fake some or all of the programme so the majority of NASA employees would believe it too. I think it would have to be way more involved than making a movie and would get incredibly expensive very fast.

Then there's the video above stating the technology didn't exist to fake it but I haven't had a chance to watch that yet so won't comment on that further.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968): $10.5 Million
Apollo Program: $25.4 Billion

So, no.
That doesn't include the resources to fool the 40,000 people that worked on it.

I think the moon landing cost of faking would have easily been conparible.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Thought he was working down the chip shop?
No, he's not. He's working incognito as an Elvis impersonator in Las Vegas.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There's an interesting analysis pointing out that now we have sufficient video & CGI technology to easily fake everything. However, back in 1969, it just wasn't possible to fake the actual appearance of the images due to the low tech cameras then available and lack of slow motion playback technology.
I'm not sure about that. Stanley Kubrick did a passable job in 2001: A Space Odyssey in 1968.

EDIT: Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. That's already been pointed out. Naughty Step for me.

Top Bottom