Were you any good at dating as a teenager?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

I was really good at the pulling part but got very bored after that and was a shite boyfriend. Think the longest was 2 months up until I was about 21/22 then lasted a year with someone. Liked the first week or 2 then just lost interest. Was too interested in other things and having a laugh without some mad girl trying to tie me down. Also having 4 sisters they all had a bloody opinion.

Mrs Greedo is the only one who all 4 like and get on with!

HeyWayne

In a word, no I wasn't. Had one girlfriend for two weeks when I was 14. Met me wife when I was 21.

Calum

I had a good one about 6 months ago.

Me: Hi... umm... I really like you... do you fancy ever... f**k... s**t... you know... oh christ... meeting up at some point?

Her: (looking embarrassed and awkward) Sorry, I'm not really interested...

We haven't spoken since!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Calum said:
I had a good one about 6 months ago.

Me: Hi... umm... I really like you... do you fancy ever... f**k... s**t... you know... oh christ... meeting up at some point?

Her: (looking embarrassed and awkward) Sorry, I'm not really interested...

We haven't spoken since!
The fear of that kind of thing was the reason why I never even bothered trying. Now I'm too old to even contemplate it! :sad:

I did think about having a Tee-shirt printed:

Single straight male available, apply within!

montage

God Almighty
I'mm trying to taype thiss btutt der iss a giirl on myy keybooard.
Oh, she is gone now, one of my many, erm, "friends".

Honestly though...no :sad: ... If I have no interest in them then I am fine, but if it is somebody I really do like, then I just manage to bollock it up with such lines as:
"so do you have any brother or sisters?" ...."well I had an older sister but she died two years ago"...."oh, I'm sorry, that is awful...but at least you got all the hand me downs in better condition" - that one didn't last long
Then there were the twins....not even going to go into that.

Nowdays, there are fewer and fewer "dates"....and more "do you want to come out with us tomorrow night?"...which brings a sweat to any man's forehead as he knows his dance moves are going to be vigourously scrutinised for a good 3-4 hours solid....also a disadvantage for those of us who have sweat glands

Globalti

Legendary Member
The bitter irony of it all is that since I've been married I have had confidence by the bucket full and nowadays when Mrs Gti isn't around I have no trouble walking up to any woman, giving them a nice big smile and having a chat. Wish I'd been able to do that years ago.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Useless, I wasn't enough of a tosser and meany like others. Better now but ironically you find out that all the girls get taken in the 21-25 year old age range, to rarely ever see one.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Globalti said:
The bitter irony of it all is that since I've been married I have had confidence by the bucket full and nowadays when Mrs Gti isn't around I have no trouble walking up to any woman, giving them a nice big smile and having a chat. Wish I'd been able to do that years ago.

+1.
You had to have a pretty thick skin to suffer humiliating rejections and keep coming back for more!

(or so I'm told:blush:)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Well im not long out of my teens (23) but I was hopeless, I was a total moron when I was in my younger teens and obviously had the luck with girls to suit my terrible personality. Then as I grew up and moved away from home (and away from the "mates" whom obvioiusly influenced my personality in hindsight), I stopped being a moron (arguably?) and realised I am still socially awkward. I dont like to dance unless im plastered so in clubs I am just awkward, I seldom indulge in clubs or groups related to my hobbies and prefer to read huge amounts on the topics of my interest on my own.

However, I have not been out of a relationship for longer than 6 months since being 19. Dont know how, I guess I just got lucky/drunk :tongue:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Rob3rt said:
Well im not long out of my teens (23) but I was hopeless, I was a total moron when I was in my younger teens, then as I grew up and moved away from home, I stopped being a moron (questionably?) and realised I am socially awkward.

However, I have seldom been out of a relationship for longer than 6 months since being 19. Dont know how, I guess I just got lucky/drunk :tongue:

Gorgeous? Well hung? Rich? Only ask really desperate girls?

Just a thought:evil:

Calum

Yeah, dancing is always terrifying. I need to be anti-socially drunk to actually do it, which is hardly appropriate when you're trying to ask a girl out! Having said that, the only exchanges i've ever had with girls have been whilst we've both been in that state anyway... ho hum.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Crap, rubbish, sh*te!!

But then, I can't seem to speak properly to a woman under the age of about 35, and I don't know why!

To make matters worse, when I was at college, there was a girl who really fancied me and, for some bizarre reason, I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me at the end, when it was all too late. I thought she was just being friendly!

What an eejit! I sometimes wonder what would have happened as she was nice and I liked her, but as a friend.

I then told her (wrongly) that I was gay because I'm bi and I was going through one of my guy phases at the time, and I hardly ever heard from her again after that! poor girl.:tongue:

Top Bottom