West London out to Sth Bucks - Sunday 1 August - Social ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Sorry to hijack but we could just turn it into a leisurely lunch and a few beers in The Coy Carp up the road in Harefield. That'd be a good ride there for Norm, myself and Martok and hopefully not too far for DavidG. What do you think David?

Abs

Norm

That'd be a good ride there for Norm, myself and Martok and hopefully not too far for DavidG.

:thumbsup: from me.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Sorry to hijack but we could just turn it into a leisurely lunch and a few beers in The Coy Carp up the road in Harefield. That'd be a good ride there for Norm, myself and Martok and hopefully not too far for DavidG. What do you think David?

Abs

Harefield huh? Just above Uxbridge, just below Rickmonsworth? Sorry, my geographies naff.

I think I should be up for this as being its local'ish its easy to get home from in case my knee plays up... and as long as I am not out Saturday night too!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Link to the Coy Carp and it's location
http://www.vintagein...efielduxbridge/

Ok then, shall we aim for a Sunday 1pm luncheon? Weather is looking fair and there's plenty of space for both indoors and outdoors eating/drinking. I'm definately eating something this time as I was too close to squiffy last time. :wacko:

Abs

Sounds good to me... but... is there going to be any cycling going on?

Your post on the Sunday London ride got me thinking along the same line as you there... Sunday London Ride finishing, for us this way, in the Coy Carp?

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Sounds good to me... but... is there going to be any cycling going on?

Your post on the Sunday London ride got me thinking along the same line as you there... Sunday London Ride finishing, for us this way, in the Coy Carp?

Only to the Coy Carp and back. It's about 40 miles for myself and Martok. I think it's slightly more than that for Norm. Just a nice place for lunch, a few beers, meeting folk and a pleasant ride back. :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Only to the Coy Carp and back. It's about 40 miles for myself and Martok. I think it's slightly more than that for Norm. Just a nice place for lunch, a few beers, meeting folk and a pleasant ride back. :biggrin:

Okay, cool. Where are you lot coming from? Its about a 30mile round trip for me, so wouldnt mind stretching my legs a bit..

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
East Finchley for us. Windsor area for Norm.

Our route will likely be this one : http://connect.garmi...tivity/35792241

Wow, thats alot of info on there! :smile:

Cool, thanks, I may join Norm then, if thats okay with him, unless I do the Sunday morning london and join you along the way...

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Oh and just so you all know, I'll be riding to the Coy Carp on my new Specialized Secteur Elite that I bought today and will be collecting tomorrow! :wahhey:

Norm

Mr Walnuts

You'd be most welcome, but we'll have to cogitate on the route.

Last time, I went up through Slough, Gerrards Cross and past Denham aerodrome, which was nicely off the beaten track - although it was on beaten up roads! However, that's not really that handy to meet up with you from Staines. I think the Grand Union tow path might be available to us if we meet up in Uxbridge... depending what you ride, of course.

BTW, when Halo says "close to squiffy", she means she was close to only being squiffy as she was actually beyond squiffy. I think the climb out of the pub car park might have been a touch sobering. :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Mr Walnuts

You'd be most welcome, but we'll have to cogitate on the route.

Last time, I went up through Slough, Gerrards Cross and past Denham aerodrome, which was nicely off the beaten track - although it was on beaten up roads! However, that's not really that handy to meet up with you from Staines. I think the Grand Union tow path might be available to us if we meet up in Uxbridge... depending what you ride, of course.

BTW, when Halo says "close to squiffy", she means she was close to only being squiffy as she was actually beyond squiffy. I think the climb out of the pub car park might have been a touch sobering. :biggrin:

Excellant, thanks!

No, that all sounds fine with me, although, this beaten track and roads... I run on 700cx20mm tyres.... on a skinny lightweight racing bike.... unless I get the my new SS project built in time.. which I doubt.. but that would still run on 20/23's.. But ill meet you in Windsor if thats okay? Ill be okay with the B416 till chalfont St Peter and then cut through from there if you want to avoid the A roads, which I dont mind at all, but really not fussed tbh.

Hahahaha!! Cant let happen again now..

I will be cycling from Whitton, but I need the mileage and so thats fine with me.

OP
OP
davidg

davidg

this is a one of the rudest, most outrageous hijacks I have ever seen. Talk about kicking a man when he's down! I saw the physio today and he still wont let me cycle, not without proper tracking, so wont be doing anything this weekend again.....just sulking while you lot steal my thread.....!!!!

have a good one, glad someone got something out of it. still would like to do in mid-late September though

OP
OP
davidg

davidg

i have just looked at the route and I was going to go past that put on the way out, you gits! albeit it would have only been after about 5-10 miles!

Top Bottom