West London out to Sth Bucks - Sunday 1 August - Social ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

...I run on 700cx20mm tyres.... on a skinny lightweight racing bike.... unless I get the my new SS project built in time.. which I doubt.. but that would still run on 20/23's.. But ill meet you in Windsor if thats okay?
We'll avoid the canal then. :biggrin:

OK, if you are ok coming to Windsor, then we'll meet up near Eton Bridge, head up through Eton, Slough, Wexham and Fulmer to the A40 near GX, then cut over the hill behind Denham. :thumbsup:

The run straight up the A412 and through Iver Heath is about 1/2 mile shorter but it's a truly nasty road, well worth avoiding without a motor in your bike, IMO.

I have to warn that I'm not a fast rider, especially if there is a hint of a gradient change, and there's 550 feet of climbing on that route so I hope you have some patience. :blush:

Norm

i have just looked at the route and I was going to go past that put on the way out, you gits! albeit it would have only been after about 5-10 miles!
Are you able to drive? :thumbsup:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
i have just looked at the route and I was going to go past that put on the way out, you gits! albeit it would have only been after about 5-10 miles!

No cycling AT ALL? :ohmy: Your physio is mean.
angry.gif
Sure you can't make it to the Coy for some chat and beers?

I'll more than willing to join your ride when you're better and apologies for the hijack.
icon_smile_kisses.gif

Abs

OP
OP
davidg

davidg

i have not been on my bike for 4 weeks now. it's doing my head in esp in this weather albeit there was just a heavy shower!

have a good one anyway. i cant come up as am now doing round to my mum's on sunday...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Sorry for late reply, heavy night and been out all day.

Yes, am still a goer. Didnt get chance to sort my bike out but she will be fine.

Cog, ill probably leave home at 10am. So can meet you by whitton br if you want.
Norm, as per your pm ill see ya at 11, ta. Not sure how to pm back from my mobile, sorry!

See ya all tomorrow

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ohh! Hahaha! Glad ive just checked before leaving! My mistake. See ya at 12.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Bing! :biggrin:

Home and a little bit more sober.
whistling.gif

Top day, with a top ride to and from with top company. Most certainly the inaugural meeting of the CycleChat Specialized owners club with a heavy showing (3 1/4s) from the Secteur owners.

Thanks guys
wave.gif

Norm

Top day, with a top ride to and from with top company. Most certainly the inaugural meeting of the CycleChat Specialized owners club with a heavy showing (3 1/4s) from the Secteur owners.
What do you mean by heavy? I've lost 5kg since we last met. :biggrin:

Good fun, thanks to Mr Walnuts for waiting for me so much, although, as he said just as we parted, that made up for the time I was sitting on the bridge waiting for him. :biggrin: :tongue:

BTW, Davy, my kids are both up for a run round the park at some point, if you want to try and use that as encouragement on your end. :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
So 2/3rds of the heavyweight Secteur owners then,bet Halo felt like the odd one out
biggrin.gif

How did Martok do? Those saddle take plenty of getting used to don't they?

Top Bottom