West Mercia Police take no action on close pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How did you contact WMP? I've looked on their website & the only links there just go to the same page which says how good they are for instigating the close pass initiative.

D

Deleted member 26715

Problem with a lot of these films is all the unknowns, the focal length of the camera, the width of the road, the width of the vehicle, etc. etc. to me the pass wasn't nice & polite, it was close, but not dangerously close, but we're only seeing a portion of it. The only way to get a true view would be if cyclist started having the cameras on a pole & the camera pointing straight down, with a none fish eyed lense. Then you would actually see the gap, or cyclists are going to have to have drones flying directly above them.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Pausing the video shows the car about 1m away from the edge of the road. Too close IMHO. My local force send out NIPs for this.

D

Deleted member 26715

At this point it's not nice
Selection_071.png

Then 1 second later he/she is inside the white line
Selection_072.png

As said not nice & not polite, but dangerous, not sure, because of the curved camera lense it's not possible to take accurate measurements.

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 416253
View attachment 416252

As said not nice & not polite, but dangerous, not sure, because of the curved camera lense it's not possible to take accurate measurements.
I'd say sixteen inches, maximum, between the car and the riders right elbow.

Using the surface markings visible.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
View attachment 416253
View attachment 416252

Do you know that the Fly12 has tram lines set at 1.5m and 1.0m that you can superimpose on your clip?

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't panic! All is saved!!! There have been 3 murders in 4 days in our county, but it's going to be alright - tomorrow the Chief Freemason is going to raise a Rainbow flag up the pole at headquarters. Clearly he's solved all crime and sorted the close pass problem, and now has the time to spend of irrelevant trivialities.

classic33

Leg End Member
Don't panic! All is saved!!! There have been 3 murders in 4 days in our county, but it's going to be alright - tomorrow the Chief Freemason is going to raise a Rainbow flag up the pole at headquarters. Clearly he's solved all crime and sorted the close pass problem, and now has the time to spend of irrelevant trivialities.
Often thought it might be better sticking them up the flag poles.

Top Bottom