Wester Ross bike with new pictures 08/03

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Should have mentioned , I'm looking for a copy of the original engineering build sheet for mine..

I have an e mail address somewhere that might help let me see if I can find it

motsetiaw

Regular
some pictures...all original paint which is immaculate condition for age, bought from the estate of a recently deceased member of the VCC in Glasgow who also had 2 Gillots; Condor Track & a Flying Scot....

Attachments

• Wester Ross 328.jpeg
    Wester Ross 328.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Wester Ross 3.jpeg
    Wester Ross 3.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Wester Ross 2.jpeg
    Wester Ross 2.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 23

motsetiaw

Regular
Smart :smile: Reynolds decal is 1977- mid 1980's so would fit in with your idea of age.

Thanks for confirming...
although it's a good fit for me, I'm going to swap out the gold Weinmann brakes & the plastic downtube Suntour levers to something more appropriate.
Has nice equipment on it:
GB 531 chrome stem/Chorus ( I think) chainset & pedals & straps & rebuilt early Shimano 600 large flange hubs on Mavic clinchers..
I'm very happy with it as I've waited 40 years to acquire an original one that wasn't a basket case...
John Connel & Fergus the frame builder were brilliant engineers & now that Bob Jacksons & Dave Yates & other UK framebuilders have retired, can't help but feel we've missed the best part of an engineering generation.....

Sallar55

Veteran
Mine has been in the attic for about 30 years 😭 frame no 375. Still have the order details, it's big and short seat pins were the order of the day 🤔

Sallar55

Veteran
Hi Must have ordered it late summer 83, picked it up spring/early summer 84 as I have pics of an 84 Norway cyclotour. Frame no. is 395 just checked, its a Whitby one. Called in at Aultbea to see him but had moved, wanted the Aultbea head tube badge. Have a set of original transfers and a rack

Was expensive but one of the best bike I have owned.
😁

Last edited:
Top Bottom