Westerley evening TT series, Hillingdon Circuit, west London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frank9755

Cyclist
Now that the days are getting longer, the entries for this year's Evening time trial series at the off-road circuit at Hillingdon are open. The series starts on 8 April, then every other Wednesday through the summer.

Last year we experimented with a couple of road bike only events. They went down pretty well so this year, each round will have a separate division for road bikes.

If you are curious about giving time trialling a go and would like to do it without the distraction of traffic, or feeling you need to buy a special bike, or get up super-early on a Sunday morning, this could be a good opportunity. This is a quote from one of the guys on another forum:
"...done one of the road bike events last year, got me hooked. Just bought a tt bike:smile: "

More info here

Enter via RiderHQ, here

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I did the last couple last year and am looking forward to trying to get under 26 minutes this year.

oldroadman

Veteran
Ride the road bike, enjoy the safety of no traffic, get yourself a BC licence, and mix it all up with some circuit racing. All good fun and not to be taken too seriously, just enjoy and feel the fitness improve. That way you won't end up in a one style of event groove, and keep mentally fresh. How anyone can just do TT and retain sanity I have no idea, done properly they should be so painful that once or twice a month is more than enough!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi Frank

I'm tempted to give this a bash, if I can get across there in time... Just out of interest, to be correctly categorised as a Road bike, with no deep sections wheels, what is the max rim depth?

Cheers!

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
Hi Frank

I'm tempted to give this a bash, if I can get across there in time... Just out of interest, to be correctly categorised as a Road bike, with no deep sections wheels, what is the max rim depth?

Cheers!

Hi Ant,
The rule is no rims >30mm.
Last rider generally goes off around 7:30. If we know you are coming we can have everything ready so you can just turn up then and ride.
Would be good to see you!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hey Frank

I'll give it some thought. Been almost 2 years since I did a TT, shame my wheels are 35mm. Have to go in with the cone heads if I do it :smile:

Will let you know and sign up via RiderHQ if I'm able...

Cheers!

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
Hey Frank

I'll give it some thought. Been almost 2 years since I did a TT, shame my wheels are 35mm. Have to go in with the cone heads if I do it :smile:

Will let you know and sign up via RiderHQ if I'm able...

Cheers!

Your post made me ask around regarding the 30mm limit. I wasn't sure what it was based on but, given it is pretty common now for people to use wheels like Zipp 404s for road racing, I think we'll change it to 60mm.
Hope that helps!
Frank

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Your post made me ask around regarding the 30mm limit. I wasn't sure what it was based on but, given it is pretty common now for people to use wheels like Zipp 404s for road racing, I think we'll change it to 60mm.
Hope that helps!
Frank

That is nice, because I might be able to borrow some 46s :biggrin:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I would just like to say thanks to your club for putting this on for newbies . I did my first one tonight and it was great fun although my legs are saying otherwise .
Everyone is very nice and helpful and I look forward to doing another one very soon .
Ive also just remembered I left my night vision jacket behind the tea counter :sad:

OP
OP
frank9755

frank9755

Cyclist
Thanks guys - glad you enjoyed it. It was quite busy at times but it certainly made it interesting having to focus on all the other riders.

Ive also just remembered I left my night vision jacket behind the tea counter :sad:

I don't remember it turning up at the end of the evening but I'll ask and see if anyone has it.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thanks guys - glad you enjoyed it. It was quite busy at times but it certainly made it interesting having to focus on all the other riders.

I don't remember it turning up at the end of the evening but I'll ask and see if anyone has it.
Thanks . I handed it to the nice lady doing the tea as I realised we where starting . My own fault and it wasn't new so no great worries .
I'm looking forward to smashing my times at the next one . I have ALOT of training to do !

Top Bottom