Wetherspoons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Weatherspoons announce major expansion today - 250 new pubs and 10000 new jobs.

subaqua

What’s the point
Sat here in batters court in hackney writing this . Just had a very nice 14 oz Angus steak for less than14 quid including a cider. Ok the lunchtime clientele have certificates with them for attending alcohol awareness courses but they keep to themselves. Lots of kids but none running round like banshees. Food was good beer was good nothing to complain about .

U

User169

Sat here in batters court in hackney writing this . Just had a very nice 14 oz Angus steak for less than14 quid including a cider. Ok the lunchtime clientele have certificates with them for attending alcohol awareness courses but they keep to themselves. Lots of kids but none running round like banshees. Food was good beer was good nothing to complain about .

So they've got the cockroach situation under control then?

AndyRM

XOXO
So they've got the cockroach situation under control then?

P1040192.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think the chain are very aware of (some righty so) criticism and have reacted by trying to up their game. Some of their bars are fantastic places to visit, others not so.
The majority of their bars I do frequent, they are very clean, serve good beer and decent pub grub. The bar staff are friendly and helpful and try to keep the more undesirable elements away from the place.

At least they are trying and are giving punters what they want,

subaqua

What’s the point
5 star on the door dated November this year. Not going to argue with that.

I beleive there are several Michelin star places that don't have as many FSA stars as michelin ones . Still if you want go be sniffy because of a past issue again knock yourself out .

There is a possibility of course the roaches moved in from the bar kitchen cinema and were not spotted in time

AndyRM

XOXO
I suppose to give my dislike for 'Spoons a cycling slant, it's that I view them as The Halford's of pubs. They serve a purpose, some are better than others and they are readily available. And that's fine.

The cost though, is that some take a dim view of boozers, and you lack that little extra you'd get from a local, which you'll inevitably miss when it's gone.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have always finished my breakfast before they start serving beer, the joy of getting in before 9am I suppose.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3447930, member: 259"]I'm not anti-Wetherspoons or anti-big business, but when a massive pub chain or a supermarket says they'll create 10,000 new jobs, they mean they'll get rid of 15,000 jobs elsewhere and create 10,000 new ones on their own terms. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
By forcing smaller 'traditional' pubs out of business in favour of their soulless take on selling. :cursing:

brand

They buy beer close to the expiry date, so get it cheap.
I am sick of constantly hearing this ludicrous statement. It is no more than a knee jerk statement. They have over 800 huge pubs, there is a nil possibility of them being able to find a significant amount of beer close to its sell by date to allow them to keep prices down.
Nor do I believe that my steak and salad was factory prepared. How do they factory prepare fish and chips? No doubt some meals can be factory prepared ie consistent.
They buy beer close to the expiry date, what a total load of bollocks.

Last edited:

e-rider

crappy member
I like JDW because it's cheap - simple as that. It's like IKEA really. When you pay little you don't expect much so usually end up happy with what you get. Expensive things nearly always disappoint.

Top Bottom