We've had it with newspapers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Many years ago The SundayTimes used to be a respectable paper and a part of the Sunday morning routine but in recent years it has gradually transformed itself into nothing more than a gossip mag. The main news section is lightweight and goes overboard on big stories like Diana or Jacko or some train crash with pages and pages of drivel and awful illustrations like a War Picture Library. The paper including Business and Money sections is always scattered with a liberal sprinkling of bikini shots, the Travel section lacks imagination, Homes is for ostentatious Cheshire millionaires only and the colour magazines are awful. Sport is 99% cheese-rolling, whatever the season. Even the cycling column is rubbish. On top of that the price has risen steadily over the years and now our newsagent wants 60 pence to deliver it every Sunday. So after reading it for several decades we've cancelled it.

There is a much broader range of news and features available on line but where to start? Can anybody recommend one website where I can read a sensible digest of non-scandalous news with the possibility of reading in greater depth if something interests me especially?

In the end all news is bollocks fed to us by a bunch of lying media owners who are paid to project the message of their particular patron. I remember reading an account in the paper of a demo I attended in Walthamstow and from what I observed and what was reported the reporter and I might as well have been on different planets.

oxbob

Top Bottom