What A Lovely Evening!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Like the surface of the moon. Ideally I'd switch to a MTB with front suspension for the cycle paths.

I once did an offroad dirt track on my road bike and was surprised at how well it handled it!!

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
I once did an offroad dirt track on my road bike and was surprised at how well it handled it!!
The thing that worries me more than the mountains and canyons is the amount of glass on some of the paths. I narrowly missed a large patch tonight. I get back on the road ASAP.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The thing that worries me more than the mountains and canyons is the amount of glass on some of the paths. I narrowly missed a large patch tonight. I get back on the road ASAP.

I think up here it depends on the area more than anything else. There used to be a bit of path near to Glasgow that was notorious for glass, but I haven't really seen as much of late (famous last words).

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
I don't think the roads here are swept that often but they are either fairly busy or barely used. You're fairly safe staying roughly where car tyres go or further out for the former and not much gets dropped on the latter.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I don't think the roads here are swept that often but they are either fairly busy or barely used. You're fairly safe staying roughly where car tyres go or further out for the former and not much gets dropped on the latter.

I don't ride in the gutter or anything, so I probably do ride in the tyre tracks, and yet..... I don't know why, I just seem to have had considerably more punctures on the road that I ever have on paths.

I will need to pay more attention to what I am actually doing and see.

Top Bottom