What a Sad Story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
I heard this story on the radio and while I feel empathy for the parents and realise there appears to have been a mistake made with the diagnosis, the child MUST be put first and it may be in its best interests to remain with its adoptive parents. Heartbreaking for the child's biological parents though.

sight-pin

Veteran
I'm not going to quote the case as it's very personal, but yes this happened, It will cost a person around the 17 to £25,000 to have a residence order overturned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sara_H

Guru
The trouble is we're now looking at the case with hindsight, knowing the diagnosis so it's a bit backwards. As you say, we don't know who was involved but perhaps earlier involvement of a paediatric radiologist, haematologist and chemical pathologist would have prevented the misdiagnosis. Quite apart from any protection issues, the child has been living with these conditions, presumably untreated, for the last three years, when they should have been picked up earlier.

If the suspected fractures were picked up at the time of the initial child protection medical, there should have been a report by a paediatric radiologist then. We don't know if that happened or not.

Sara_H

Guru
[QUOTE 3946831, member: 45"]The child would have had legal representation in court. Any half-decent legal rep would have ensured this had happened.

There's a lot that we don't know. It doesn't stop people though.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, all we know is what we've been presented by the family and press.
As with any criminal case, we need to be mindful that a not guilty verdict only means that insufficient evidence has been presented to prove beyond reasonable doubt that a crime has been committed, not that the crime didn't happen.

As with any criminal case, we need to be mindful that a not guilty verdict only means that insufficient evidence has been presented to prove beyond reasonable doubt that a crime has been committed, not that the crime didn't happen.
In my @vernon role of pointing out inaccuracies...that is not correct. I am not as thorough as Vernon tho and can't be arsed explaining why... ;) I trust you will work it out yourself.

Sara_H

Guru
In my @vernon role of pointing out inaccuracies...that is not correct. I am not as thorough as Vernon tho and can't be arsed explaining why... ;) I trust you will work it out yourself.
If someone smacks me in the gob but there are no witnesses and no guilty plea there is little chance of the perpetrator being found guilty. That doesn't mean the perp isn't guilty, it means it can't be proved that they are.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
[QUOTE 3947022, member: 45"]Oh, deary me. This is a John Hemming story. He's the basketcase PM from Birmingham will the same ability for misunderstanding as you.

To give you a hand, it's recognised that long-term fostering is bad for children. Where children are permanently removed from their birth family, adoption is so clearly the best option. Your "targets" are merely the government making the best interests of the child paramount.

[/QUOTE]
Haha! Yes of course. It's just a rather shocking coincidence that when targets were put in place, removal of newborns rocketed.
[QUOTE 3947022, member: 45"]
To remind you, Social Workers and LAs do not make the decisions, the courts do.[/QUOTE]
Haha! Yeah right. Just shows how little you know about what happens in practice. The courts frequently act as little more than a rubber stamp for prejudiced decisions made long ago by social services, backed up by reports produced by compliant professional psychologists, hired by social services because they give the 'correct' assessment.

Back to the ignore bin for you. It's obvious that you are still rooted in Noddy Land, and have no idea of what happens in the real world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Haha! Yes of course. It's just a rather shocking coincidence that when targets were put in place, removal of newborns rocketed.

Haha! Yeah right. Just shows how little you know about what happens in practice. The courts frequently act as little more than a rubber stamp for prejudiced decisions made long ago by social services, backed up by reports produced by compliant professional psychologists, hired by social services because they give the 'correct' assessment.

Back to the ignore bin for you. It's obvious that you are still rooted in Noddy Land, and have no idea of what happens in the real world.
Can't you just hold back from your usual twattyness for once a just accept that this is a very sad and unique story where mistakes were made, people have been emotionally hurt beyond what either you and I can imagine, and just why not forget about trying to be right on the internet for once?

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Can't you just hold back from your usual twattyness for once a just accept that this is a very sad and unique story where mistakes were made, people have been emotionally hurt beyond what either you and I can imagine, and just why not forget about trying to be right on the internet for once?
Except it's often not a 'mistake'. It's built into the system to varying degrees.

If someone smacks me in the gob but there are no witnesses and no guilty plea there is little chance of the perpetrator being found guilty. That doesn't mean the perp isn't guilty, it means it can't be proved that they are.
I was overly confident in thinking you would work it out

Top Bottom