What a wally I am...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I managed to cycle part of way to work today before realising I had two different SPD shoes on - one Specialized Sonoma and one Specialized Tahoe

I was late so no time to come home and change. Probably only noticed as I had repositioned the cleats on the Sonoma last night and my feet felt different

Managed 20 miles after work with odd shoes - felt a bit self conscious clip clopping around Sainsburys post ride :whistle:

Doh :blush:

madferret

Über Member
I was on the bus home from ten pin bowling once, when I realised I still had the hired shoes on..........:blush:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
odd socks yes odd shoes no

and yes @vickster this is another reason why i suggest buying 2nd hand bikes , because when riding around on a new bike 90% + of time ride immaculately turned out , whilst us people who ride an old used machine just ride for the fun of it

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
and yes @vickster this is another reason why i suggest buying 2nd hand bikes , because when riding around on a new bike 90% + of time ride immaculately turned out , whilst us people who ride an old used machine just ride for the fun of it

I wear the same clothing regardless of bike...that said all of mine are 2nd hand ;)

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
When I used to motorycle I had just set off from home and thought the engine sounded louder than usual, I then realised I had forgotten to put my crash helmet on :banghead:

I have done that :giggle:

akb

Veteran
I drove to a job interview once, in trainers as they were comfortable. Got to interview, went to put shoes on, realised they had disappeared. Dont leave you shoes on top of your roof and drive off guys, and then find them in a mess, in bits on the road on the return journey home.
I had to hire shoes for the interview, from a bridal shop. Not a good look wearing polished-to-an-inch-of-their-life Wedgewoods.

I always used to walk around in bare feet, inside and out of the house, all the time. It was not unknown for me to drive/walk to a destination and find I had no shoes at all. My local supermarket banned me from entry in bare feet after the first few occasions, but the local 'spar' would just let me know if they had had a breakage in a certain area that day and get what I needed for me instead...

never cycled anywhere in bare feet though... that would just be too uncomfortable with the pedals I have on my bikes.

I always used to walk around in bare feet, inside and out of the house, all the time. It was not unknown for me to drive/walk to a destination and find I had no shoes at all. My local supermarket banned me from entry in bare feet after the first few occasions, but the local 'spar' would just let me know if they had had a breakage in a certain area that day and get what I needed for me instead...

never cycled anywhere in bare feet though... that would just be too uncomfortable with the pedals I have on my bikes.

I used to work in the duty free shop at an airport, always cleaning up broken testers and dropped alcohol bottles (dropping a bottle of champagne makes a real mess and try mopping up gin!) but young girls used to walk round the shop with no shoes on and parents used to get snotty when I asked them put shoes on. I replied .....don't come limping to me....when you cut your feet

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Mopping up gin? Have people no respect? :ragingalcoholic:

I once almost got on the bus in my slippers but in my defence I live in Birkies and my house shoes are very similar. I often have to check that I have the right ones on when I'm out.

Top Bottom