What a week to have off as a holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Cooking the slugs has turned into a disaster. I think i put to much salt on them. I can see the merits of work after being house bound today. Watching Highway to Heaven followed by adverts of funeral policy plans ain't good for anybodies moral. I might go and something exciting like iron my cycling socks lol

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Me to, and to add to the misery I’ve got a stinking cold :cry:
Hope you feel better soon @gavgav

I managed to pick this week too. It's not as bad as in the UK though, and I'm hooping for a ride with minimal soaking tomorrow...

Don't laugh but ive been busy making a windmill out of old bike wheels. I've used aluminium and copper tape to make the sails by filling in between the spokes. It looks very eye catching in an artistic form. I made the directional sail by threading a long thin piece of stainless steel bar through the QR and attached a piece of scrap aluminium metal to the wire that i cut into a pleasing shape. With a bit of bodging it now spins nicely pointing in whatever direction the wind is blowing.
Hmmm i wonder what else i can make out of all the other bits and pieces in the man cave %=)

Not laughing, on the contrary I'm intrigued: Where are the pictures?

Slick

Guru
School boy error I'm afraid, well it certainly would be up here where military precision like planning is required when planning a staycation.

It's been an okay week up here so far with yesterday being the best. Forecast is now for rain but hopefully it should dry up for a training ride o Friday.

Hopefully you will get a couple of rides in before you have to go back to work.

MarkF

Guru
Go to Spain, cheap as chips flights.:okay:

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
Hi
I booked this week off work hoping i could get in lots of cycling and enjoy a few days away from home travelling across Wales on my bike, but the weather has certainly put that idea to bed.
It's raining cats and dogs outside with a cold northern wind blowing across. I love cycling but even i will draw the line on insanity.
It's only Tuesday and the boredom has already set in. House has been cleaned top to bottom and the awful day time tv is driving nuts.
Being single i feel quite isolated when stuck indoors for long periods of time and need something to occupy my tiny mind, so I've turned my attention to making something out of old bicycle parts. The outside shed is full of them just gathering dust waiting for time to be recycled.
Don't laugh but ive been busy making a windmill out of old bike wheels. I've used aluminium and copper tape to make the sails by filling in between the spokes. It looks very eye catching in an artistic form. I made the directional sail by threading a long thin piece of stainless steel bar through the QR and attached a piece of scrap aluminium metal to the wire that i cut into a pleasing shape. With a bit of bodging it now spins nicely pointing in whatever direction the wind is blowing.
Hmmm i wonder what else i can make out of all the other bits and pieces in the man cave %=)
That made me and the wife laugh. Had you been watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang before hand ?

Top Bottom