What album did you buy last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Blow Your Mind by Wilko Johnson... it's quite good.
20 Years of Jethro Tull, double LP... plenty of good tunes on it but they've squeezed a tad too much onto each LP so it sounds a bit thin.

...plus god knows how many more in the two and bit years since the last post.

keithmac

Guru
I keep weighing up our Deezer subscription (£10 a month), we have Sonos all over the house so I suppose it's like having a TV with no signal if I cancel it..

Currently listening to Prodigy "Invaders Must Die" album, 10 years old today!. BUT that's from our NAS drive already brought the CD.

What to do..

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Homelife by Homelife... a band featuring a far more sensible version of Paddy Steer than his (bonkers) solo material. Ended up buying a digital download since the CD is long out of print and 2nd hand copies are unrealistically pricy on Discogs.

...plus countless more since 2019 :ohmy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

The only record store near me is HMV, which mostly sells overpriced pop music... so i tend to buy on the interweb, which appears to be open 24/7 :okay:

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Holy thread resurrection!

The last two records I bought were 'Desolate' by Ophidian 1 and 'Vadak' by Thy Catafalque.

Desolate isn't really my thing, tech metal, but it's very well done which I like. Vadak is absolutely insane and I love it.

I also inherited Midnight's latest album, 'Rebirth by Blasphemy'. It's alright, but sounds a bit like Maiden crossed with Megadeth which I've nothing against, but it's just a bit boring.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Downloaded and burned a copy of Big Sur Bound's 2021 album "Bones" (which, confusingly, is also the name the duo used to go by).
Now that's something i haven't done for a lot of years!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've pre-ordered a new release of Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh by Magma and Daumenbruch, the new Faust LP. Hopefully they should be here in the next few weeks.
Faust are a band I know I'd like, but have never got round to checking out properly. Presence of N.U. Unruh and Jochen Arbeit on this new one strongly suggests I should change that!!

bruce1530

Guru
There are no record stores open near me in the evening so I have to buy them in the day time.
I have not bought any records at night for many years.
However, I still miss Tower Records in Glasgow. At the railway bridge at Central Station. I think it was 4 floors, and within 100 yards of HMV, Virgin and all the rest.
What was their unique selling point?
They stayed open til midnight every night, and sold records and CDs to drunk people.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well it wasn't last night because it was only released today so I downloaded it and bought the CD as well. the album I'm referring to? "The Voltarol Years" from Britain's greatest working band, Half Man Half Biscuit.

Some outSTANDing stuff on this showing the writing ability of our next Poet Laureate, Nigel Blackwell but a real crowd-pleaser is the stupendous 'Midnight Mass Murder.' With a suitably impressive ending!

Top Bottom