What album did you buy last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
My copy of the remastered 3CD edition of #167 from the Rolling Stone list is on its way…
R-1549636-1265948094.jpeg.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
No idea. I pay little attention to 'greatest' lists.
consistency is all I ask, give us this day our daily mask.

"I'd use the top 500 greatest albums of all time as a guide for what to not bother listening to... the record buying public are not a great way of gauging good music."

The list you would use as a guide of what not to listen to is not determined by sales.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
consistency is all I ask, give us this day our daily mask.

"I'd use the top 500 greatest albums of all time as a guide for what to not bother listening to... the record buying public are not a great way of gauging good music."

The list you would use as a guide of what not to listen to is not determined by sales.
Yes... but ...oh it doesn't matter. My favourite albums and artists aren't going to end up top of the pops or in the rolling stone top anything... so why would i bother with such popu-lists?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yes... but ...oh it doesn't matter. My favourite albums and artists aren't going to end up top of the pops or in the rolling stone top anything... so why would i bother with such popu-lists?
My point is, neither are my faves, but one can always push the envelope.

Revolver proves I still loathe The Beatless, whilst I now have a new found respect for The Beach Boys.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
My point is, neither are my faves, but one can always push the envelope.

Revolver proves I still loathe The Beatless, whilst I now have a new found respect for The Beach Boys.

Don’t understand all the nonsense surrounding Beach Boys, I realise that Pet Sounds has some production qualities but the music is pretty lame, it’s always fun to tell a Beach Boys fan that Pet Sounds is only saved from being third rate by the catchy Good Vibrations.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Don’t understand all the nonsense surrounding Beach Boys, I realise that Pet Sounds has some production qualities but the music is pretty lame, it’s always fun to tell a Beach Boys fan that Pet Sounds is only saved from being third rate by the catchy Good Vibrations.
I bought Pet Sounds a while back... thinking I must have a copy of this classic album. It's not. The Monkees were far better anyway.

Top Bottom