What album did you buy last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
OK... maybe not last night, but most recently... and what do you think?

today i splurged £35 on the following:
Baby Driver OST on vinyl... the soundtrack outshines the movie and there's loads of decent tracks i didn't previously have... Dave Brubeck's Unsquare Dance, Hocus Pokus by Focus and the Button Down Brass version of Tequila, to name but a few.

Humanz by Gorillaz (CD)... only purchased to get the two for £15 deal. It's no Demon Days, but i never expected it to be, but it's probably their second best album to date. Not sure how many times i'll listen to it, but it was only a fiver.

Murder of the Universe by King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (CD)... these guys do psychedelic space rock better than anyone at the moment, and better than most to date. Excellent stuff! :music:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Last album I bought was

Mia And The Moon- Fall Awake, great album, bought at one of their gigs.

View: https://youtu.be/Skgxg0faWXE

These are the girls who left 'X- Factor' when they found out that anything they played on it would be the possession of Simon Cowells company.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Finally got round to downloading Jane Weaver's Modern Kosmology a few days ago. They've been playing tracks from it on 6music all year, but it was the current single, The Architect, that made me realise I really need to listen to the rest of the album...

View: https://youtu.be/keXHh0lr2y8

The whole album is pretty much as good as this.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
George Jones - Setlist, a collection of live songs recorded in the 1980s, CD mastered by Vic Anesini so I'm assured it's gonna sound pretty good.
Little Richard - Black Diamond, live set from 1970, pretty muddyish sound but the band is smoking, great stuff!

delb0y

Legendary Member
I've bought four Eric Taylor albums recently, ever since seeing him live back in September. Never heard a better songwriter, ever. YMMV.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Alpha - Asia.
:eek:

I was a huge Asia fan when i was about 12. I think it was the album art that attracted me more than owt (i had no idea they were a 'supergroup'). I thoroughly enjoy re-exploring my back catalogue, from Shakey and Matchbox, Frankie and Duran Duran to Haircut 100, U2, Tears for Fears, etc... But Asia... that's one band i'll never revisit. Have they stood up to the test of time?

[edit]... I'll never give Simple Minds another listen either. Some git nicked my collection. I should thank him if i ever get the chance... but he's mostly in prison these days.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
The Darkness - Pinewood Smile
Kate Miller-Heidke - Live at the Sydney Opera House

Not received either yet, but I expect they will be both be very good indeed

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I keep a list of albums to buy and put in an order at the end of the month if there's any money left which means I'll not get some until months after they were released. At the end of Octoiber I treated myself to:
Weaves - Wide Open
Alvvays - Antisociialites
Mogwai - Every Country's Sun
The Moonlandingz - Interplanetary Class Classics
Waxahatchee - Out in the Storm

Top Bottom