What alcoholic drink can't you touch due

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was born within smell of the factory that makes it but I can't do Strongbow. Not since I was 14 and we were let out of school to go see Towering Inferno at the cinema in Welshpool. I think that was the night that Tim Marshall nearly died by choking on his own vomit.

dustystreet

Greedo said:
to an unfortunate incident in your youth.

This stuff for me after getting blootered when I was 16. Raided the folks drinks cabinet when they were on holiday. When I walk into a room at a party I can actually smell if anyone is drinking it and have to leave the room. Vile, vile stuff :rofl:

funnily enough southern comfort is the only spirit i can drink albeit in small doses. i can't stand the smell of brandywhiskey, makes me want to puke.

gavintc

Guru
User76 said:

Oh goodness, Asbach Uralt cheap and horrid. I remember it well from my days in Germany.

But for me it has to be a session on Tequila in Ayia Napa in the summer of 1989. I cannot even cope with smelling the stuff.

There is a lot to be said for the TT route. We are on holiday in Marrakech, essentially a dry place, and I am quite enjoying drinking soft drinks. We have not opened the bubbles we brought out to celebrate Christmas. Society seems more ordered without the added ingredient of the drunk. :rofl:

Happiness Stan

Gin at sixteen y.o. I nearly killed myself. Only found out years later from my mum that I actually shat all over the bathroom because of the state I was in. Can't bear the smell of the stuff 30 years on.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Red Martini. For some obscure reason I decided to drink a bottle down in one at about 14 years old. I can still "feel" the headache it gave me.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I don't have any alcoholic drinks that have bad memories ... even the time I ended up being sick after whiskey and chips - I blamed the chips and still to this day don't enjoy chip shop chips very much. There are definitely varieties of alcohol that I don't enjoy just for taste reasons: beer, larger, guiness, naff cider etc, but enjoy plenty of other drinks to enjoy instead.

Bill Gates

At Christmas when I was a boy, we always had family parties with my parents and the families of their brothers and sisters; and sure enough every year my uncle would get blattered on rum and puke it up at some stage. From those days I can't stand the smell of rum; it makes me heave.

Don't care much for cider either.

I caught Hepatitis A 20 years ago and that was 3 months of continual vomiting and for a year after even the smell of any alcohol brought the symptoms back. My first alcoholic drink was when given a pint of lager in an Indian restaurant when I had asked for a shandy and was totally ill for 24 hours.

OK now and can/will drink loads of over Christmas. Partial to brandy after the main meal.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A cider-related fall resulting in a broken wrist at 16, and vomit all over my dad's car means I don't touch the apple juice much....

Top Bottom