What alcoholic drink can't you touch due

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
When I was 18, I got hammered on vodka and lime and was as sick as a pig.
When I was 21, I got hammered on rum and black and chucked up pink froth all night.

To this day I can drink all the items on there own etc but never in them combinations. For the younger reader, they may be strange concoctions to you but there was non of those pussy girly drinks that todays teenagers drink.

bonj2

arranandy said:
Southern Comfort for me. Promo night at Strathclyde Uni Student Union c.1988, Southern Comfort and any mixer 50p. I was ill for a week :rofl:. Even now the thought of SC makes me feel queasy

i think it's actually the foul potion of the devil, it's just those that haven't had a bad experience just haven't realised it yet ;) those that like it are basically wrong

Danny

Legendary Member
I also had an unfortunate experience with gin at a tender age. Worse thing was that the next morning my mum cooked a huge fry up for Sunday breakfast which I barely felt able to eat, but had to force down so she wouldn't know how hung over I was.

More recently I was at a New Year's eve party thrown by some Scottish people I knew. They were all drinking beer with whiskey chasers, or possibly whiskey with beer chasers (I never quite worked out which), and I made the mistake of trying to keep up with them. Big mistake... and I have barely touched whiskey since then.

jonesy

Guru
Another vote for Tequila... :biggrin::sad:

Plax

Guru
Cider. I got absolutely sloshed on the stuff when I was 15 after we had finished our GCSEs. The first time I had drunk anything to excess and managed a 3 litre bottle of woodpeckers by myself. I was well sick! Never drunk it since, 15 years on and the smell still turns my stomach.

Red wine was another one, about 5 or 6 years ago. I lost count how many glasses I had after the second bottle as we had moved on to the pub by that point. I was shoot faced. Thankfully I was staying at my dads house that night. I was spewing up pure red liquid practically all night as I stupidly never had tea when I got home from work. I had to spend the entire weekend at his house as I was so bad - on the Saturday I couldn't keep anything down - it came straight back up again. The Sunday was better, as the food stayed down but I was still vomiting. I stopped drinking for nearly two years after that.

chap

Veteran
Vodka, overused, overrated, and insignificant when compared to our native own derived from the power of the Juniper Berry: Gin!

I remember being half a bottle of the stuff (Vodka) in university, with some Coke: even then it was horrible.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Whisky - at 17 went to a 'spirits party' which seemed to last 2 days,
got beyond drunk,
don't know why it was whisky that was the one that has stayed with me as the one my stomach turns
did not drink any alcohol for 5 months,
then beer only for a couple of years.

Pity I used to really like the taste of whisky...

Top Bottom