What alcoholic drink can't you touch due

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh, I'm sure. No offence intended, different strokes for different folks and all that.

gbb

Legendary Member
Brandy for me...can't touch the stuff now.
Birthday party when i was about 21, we were drinking brandy fairly hard and i felt fine....until i stepped outdoors for something. It was like my head almost instantly exploded. What a mother of a hangover / headache ;)...it came on so fast it was unbelieveable.
Never another drops passed my lips...

Water burns my mouth. Seriously though, Ayingerbrau Pills, difficullt to obtain high strength Lager. I can drink it but my missus has banned me. I end up with my trousers round my ankles, barred from the establishment and on the brink of arrest.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
tequila a bottle and a half with a mate at uni with salt and lemon. Never ever again:headshake:;):headshake::sad::headshake::smile:. 15 years on and i think the smell would make me wretch.

Another one for Southern Comfort.. well thats what I finished up on anyway.. I worked in a very busy pub in 1988 in East End of London, I'd finished my last shift the evening before, and I was having a few drinks.. I can remember a line of Southern Comforts stretching down the bar that people had bought.. Next memory is waking up at the bottom of the stairs in the house I was staying in. Had to catch a bus up to Durham the following day to see some relatives. Thank God for bogs on buses.. I don't know why I bothered to pay for my seat.. I spent more time heaving and crapping in the bog. I had shakes in my hands for about 3 days. I had it once, about 3 years ago and immediately felt sick and had to go and puke.

Cranky

Another Martini casualty here. A New Year's Eve Party when I was 20 - the only time I ever threw up in the morning as well as the evening itself - and felt like death all the next day.

And the smell still makes me feel ill, 34 years later.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Cheap cider was my nemesis, a mere 39 years ago. These days I like quality rather than quantity, though I can sink a bottle of wine if forced by convivial company.

Top Bottom