What are you doing this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Patrick Stevens said:
Swingers party on Saturday, church on Sunday.

Two different groups of people, or the same? (And I would remind you that you are under oath.)

Arch

Married to Night Train
gavintc said:
On Sun, the club ride, clean bikes, load bikes in car (NOT the 2 CV) and head for France for 3 weeks in the Ardeche and Provence regions. Lots of cycling, drinking wine, eating cheese and just enjoying the time away from work.

Shame! It would enjoy being in its homeland!

And I bet you'd get loads of friendly waves...:rolleyes:

Bigtallfatbloke

...well I'd like to be riding and camping with the mrs...but she has as much interest in that as eating cut glass....so I'll be on my tod again somewhere in the backlanes of essex

Unkraut;32824][quote name= said:
Swingers party on Saturday, church on Sunday.

Two different groups of people, or the same? (And I would remind you that you are under oath.)[/QUOTE]

There's a bit of an overlap, so those who've been to the swingers party volunteer to be downstream with the chalice on Sunday. :rolleyes:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cycling, making tofu (really! there's one to confirm some stereotypes... :rolleyes: ), making food for friends, gardening... not being online at all if I can help it.

Melvil

Flying_Monkey said:
Cycling, making tofu (really! there's one to confirm some stereotypes... :rolleyes: ), making food for friends, gardening... not being online at all if I can help it.

How does one make Tofu? Are some kinds better than others?

dbg

100 mile sportif (Iron Mountain) from Abergavenny tomorrow. Sunday recovering.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Melvil;32918][quote name= said:

How does one make Tofu? Are some kinds better than others?[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll tell you once we've tried! Its made by quite a lengthy but not technically difficult process starting with boiling soya beans... other products of the process (which you don't normally get in the west) include 'yuba' (basically the skin off the top of soya milk!), and 'okara' (the cooked, crushed skins of the beans).

There's certainly lots of different kinds too. From the silky soft kind they like in Japan (which we are trying to make because you cannot get proper Japanese tofu here), through the firm Chinese kind to the freeze-dried 'koya-dofu', which has a totally different texture.

Flying_Monkey;32931][quote name= said:
[quote name='Flying_Monkey'']Cycling' date=' making tofu (really! there's one to confirm some stereotypes... :rolleyes: ), making food for friends, gardening... not being online at all if I can help it.[/quote']

How does one make Tofu? Are some kinds better than others?

Well, I'll tell you once we've tried! Its made by quite a lengthy but not technically difficult process starting with boiling soya beans... other products of the process (which you don't normally get in the west) include 'yuba' (basically the skin off the top of soya milk!), and 'okara' (the cooked, crushed skins of the beans).

There's certainly lots of different kinds too. From the silky soft kind they like in Japan (which we are trying to make because you cannot get proper Japanese tofu here), through the firm Chinese kind to the freeze-dried 'koya-dofu', which has a totally different texture.[/QUOTE]

So mjones was wrong when he said that you made it out of your own excrement. :blush:

Aint Skeered

Well its my birthday tomorrow:biggrin: 48 !! but I feel like a 19year old,(it's finding one through)
So a few hours work in the morning, and then a 3 hour ride in the Surrey Hills, in the afternoon,followed by a couple of glasses of wine in the evening.
Sunday, team ride, with a tea stop in Arundel. Perfect weekend

barq

I'm going for a long ride in the Surrey Hills (as well...) tomorrow. My beloved summer bike as been off the road during all the foul weather, but I'll be putting my Kikapu back together again and heading out for a day of XC riding.

Yay! :rolleyes:

PS Happy birthday Aint Skeered - enjoy the Surrey Hills.

Top Bottom