What are you doing with your freebie day off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I was at work at 7 this morning. Free day, Pah. I'll be at work tomorrow, sunday and monday as well.

Svendo

Guru
At work on Sleep-In :smile: but earning 15 hours of double pay :smile: which will cover the Stronglight CT2 chainrings I'll pick up from the sorting office on the way home tomorrow morning :smile:. Then its holidays until 20th.

GrasB

Veteran
Been doing a fair amount of DIY my self, replaced all the curtain rails in the house with nice stainless steel ones rather than the tacky plastic things that I've had on the walls since I moved in. Loads of work making good because of all the holes to fill & the plaster is falling to bits in places.

postman

Legendary Member
Lazy day .Just like everyone since i retired .

Had security lights fitted today .Pile of ironing done Kids School uniform .

Cleaned and mopped Conservatory floor .Sun must be due soon .

Then watched Dads Army film .Just a classic ,best comedy ever .

Arch

Married to Night Train
I was at work too. But we finished the rounds in record time this morning, so one of us took a half day holiday, and the other three of us went round town looking up the various addresses for our new rounds and assessing them for ease of access. So I spent the afternoon being taken up back alleys by a couple of men...

Then we went for a pint, well, they had pints, I had a coffee.

Working Monday too.

Gromit

Über Member
Went to the allotment this morning, dug over some more soil. Bikepete made a path and then we put all our potatoes in. Decided to put the lot in first early, seconds and main crop due to finding out that blight exists on the allotments.

tomorrow we are going to put up the green house, clean the glass and then plant the onion sets. May even take the peas over I have been growing and put them out too. Hopefully the weather will hold out.

Next week I will attempt to do my last 4 assignments 3: 2000 word ones and 1: 500 word one. Then its revision time.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Aw Gromit - I'm jealous. All that planting. It's so wet and windy and cold here I can't do a thing in the garden. Even my conservatory sown seeds are hiding away still. And I'm ~100 miles south of you but west too.

But today I felt cr&p (have a tummy bug and maybe a viral thing too). I chanced a brief ride hoping it would help. It didn't so I've spent the afternoon dozing in a warm bed :tongue:

At least I'm not missing nice weather.

Maz

Guru
Investigating the boiler (I've just given in)...Boiler's broken down ('fault on flue/fan', apparently) - ever tried to find a plumber on a bank holiday?! No hot water or heating. Bad, bad timing!

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Breakfast: Hot cross buns
Morning: Good Friday procession through town
Afternoon: Church (commemoration of the Lord's crucifixion)
Late afternoon: 11 mile cycle ride
Evening: Vegging out in front of the log stove
(probably a bit of Wii Fit later on)

gbb

Legendary Member
10.30pm and ive just finished putting all new kitchen cupboard doors, pelmets and cornice. Broke the cheap and nasty B&Q mitre saw two cuts before i'd finished the pelmets :sad:, but struggled on...and won.
A little shopping in the morning and the rest of the day doing the kitchen.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Bloody hell ... just looked at the time ... I've been engrosed in this.

Easy mode, Miss Direction map, best level 126 ... :biggrin:

Time for bedski now!!! :biggrin: :wacko:

Night all.

Top Bottom