What are you reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Movie is around the corner, i just hope they did not fcuk it up...
Again....

liet kynes is a women now I heard

Eziemnaik

Über Member
River of Time - rereading as there is an adaptation coming - it still is the best book on war, and the love of war I've read. Bittersweet love letter to a particular place and time that will always stay with the author.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mrs A_T is reading The Thursday Murder Club which she says is really good- a cross between an Agatha Christie and a Tom Sharpe- Richard Osman's first novel... looking forward to starting it soon!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Freemasons for Dummies. Yes, honest.
Frank and accurate title...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
French Civilisation and its Discontents edited by Tyler Stovall & Georges van den Abbeele
Why the Dutch are Different by Ben Coates
Inglorious Empire by Shashi Tharoor

Eziemnaik

Über Member
IMG-20201019-WA0050.jpeg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I recently purchased A Cure For Love, by Jenkins. It's a collection of short and very short stories. Kathy Burke tweeted about it "... Some [stories] are like Black Mirror with warmth, the rest are just funny, sad, clever and bonkers. ..."

I've not read beyond the first sentence... It was the fourteen foot turd they found first. ...is a line that needs to dwelt upon for a while.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Not exactly lightweight is it?

It took me a while to get through it, worth it in the end though.

I really liked it, and have now read all four.

Am now reading Dominic Sandbrook's first volume "Never Had it so good", which covers similar ground but more a general narrative, in themed chapters, rather than Kynaston's social history. Sandbrook is good , but maybe Kynaston is better, but I'm conscious that it's a similar kind of book covering similar ground, so maybe it seems less exciting as it is a repeat. After buying it noticed Sandbrook had been Daily Heil writter but his book doesn't show undue bias, hey he's clearly on the side of anti-racism, rather than with Enoch, so that needn't out anyonenoff

Top Bottom