What are you reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
I am on the third instalment of Alan Johnson's memoirs. The long and winding road. From childhood in the west London slums around Kensal Town in the 1050's, to being a Minister in the labour government. It is very well written and a great story of how from humble beginnings he rose to the top without ever forgetting his where he came from. I can recommend these books to anyone who likes auto biographies.
The first is called --This Boy
The second is called--Please Mr Postman

I'll look out for that one, I've read his first two which enjoyed very much. I could identify a lot of his early life as we had similar upbringings, only he was West London and I was East London.

GM

Legendary Member
Currently reading Francis Rossi's autobiography......

IMG_20190808_090100.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'll look out for that one, I've read his first two which enjoyed very much. I could identify a lot of his early life as we had similar upbringings, only he was West London and I was East London.
I'm just coming to the end of book three. It deals with his political career, the highs and the lows with a few revealing facts about other politicians of the the time. A very good read.

Reactions: GM

Drago

Legendary Member
The Testament by John Grisham. Not quite enough fights, guns or F15 jets for my tastes, but I'm battling through it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Although I'm pleased Jeff Bosley is playing Reacher in the new Netflix series. He really is 6'5" and really was an SF operator, so brings some credentials to the role.

I think Mrs D is also pleased, but perhaps for different reasons...

Top Bottom