What are you reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just finished "Destiny's Conflict", the latest book in Janny Wurts' "Wars of Light and Shadow" series.

Read it as a standalone after buying it recently, but have now restarted reading the series right from the beginning, so "Curse of the Mistwraith", it is...

Dave7

Legendary Member
I tend to read just easy fiction who dunnit stuff.2
I recently read a novel by Sarah Bolton (never heard of her before). Quite dark (based on the Pendle Hill witches) but very good. Ive read 2 more since and they are equally good.
Another new (to me) is Cynthia Harrod-Eagles based around a detective Slider. They are also good.

C R

Guru
No, not heard of them. Will keep an eye out, thanks.
They are very good. My wife got a set from the book people a few years ago, and we both devoured them. The tv adaptations shown in BBC4 are very good too.

C R

Guru
Sicilian mafia, quite bizarrely macabre in places and some rather fun characters.

It's a TV series as well, they sometimes show episodes on BBC4, but it's in Italian with subtitles...
I love hearing the Italian in those episodes. It sounds just like Galician, my mother tongue. I always get the feeling I should understand what they are saying because of the "music" of the language, but can't quite catch it. Rather surreal.

I love hearing the Italian in those episodes. It sounds just like Galician, my mother tongue. I always get the feeling I should understand what they are saying because of the "music" of the language, but can't quite catch it. Rather surreal.

Well, it's been an interesting way to teach myself some Italian. I can sort of get the gist of what's being said. :blush:

Reactions: C R

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If you like spy novels, try the Slough House series by Mick Herron. I've just got into them and they are un-putdownable once you get into them. Tense thrillers with multiple sub plots by an author with a sharp sense of humour.

Levo-Lon

Guru
15650905784945057621872905122903.jpg

Top Bottom