What are your best 3 cycling purchases?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrynCP

Über Member
1. The hybrid where it all started (Giant Escape 2)
2. The Garmin Edge 500 that, even with the crude breadcrumb trail, got me as far as 62 miles
3. The road bike (Felt Z85)

jay clock

Massive member
Hmmm. indirectly linked to cycling are my exped downmat 7, my Haglöf's three-season sleeping bag, and my Helsport Nordmarka 2 tent. These are what make a good tour successful, IMO.

I'm obviously happy with my bikes, but it's the next one (a Surly Disc Trucker) which will be my no.1 on the list.
@Dayvo I would have said the same about my Downmat then I replaced it with a Synmat UL7 which allows you to blow up by mouth

Joffey

Big Dosser
1. My B'Twin Alur 700 - it was faulty, their customer services was poor on two occasions so they swapped it for a B'Twin Mach 720 which is a fantastic bike. So thanks Alur 700 :-D

2. Castelli Alpha Jersey - expensive but warm and water resistant. My mates go out with layers upon layers of jerseys and jackets, I have my Alpha. Great bit of kit.

2. Garmin 520 - It was a luxury purchase but has some great features (now crash detection) and makes my riding a bit more enjoyable.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
1, My bike
2, Padded bottoms (they make them in big sizes if you look hard enough)
3 My base layer top, means I can ride when it is cold.

Southside Mike

1. SLX disc brakes - replaced the squeaky, always needing bled Tektro brakes on my Sirrus - fantastic fit and forget upgrade
2. Exposure Trace lights - pulsing is so much better than flashing
3. Spesh Diverge - never need to think about likely surfaces on a route as it goes anywhere

My Decathlon (Rockrider) MTB. In the big overall scheme of things, its not a marvellous bike, but its the dearest and by far the best one that I have ever owned.

Aldi pertex type windproof jacket. Folds away to the size of a tennis ball, but makes a huge difference if the weather turns a bit fresh.

DMR V8 pedals which replaced the slippery steel "rat trap" typed pedals on my bike. Yes, they do make holes in your legs if you accidently clout your shin with one, but they are lovely and grippy in all sorts of underfoot conditions. I would certainly buy another set if anything happened to my current ones.

Top Bottom