What are your 'must have'tools for your ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
I only take a set of Allen keys tool wise. Gonna get caught out, I just know it.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Saddle bag:
Spare tube
Pump
Tyre levers
Puncture repair kit
Multi tool (allen keys, spanners, chain breaker)

Jersey pockets:
Phone
Cash+card+keys
Extra water bottle
Banana+Flapjacks!
Antiseptic wipes

The saddle bag (converted tool roll) is a bit beefy, don't know how others manage with the dinkier models on offer! Was considering down-sizing, but I've tried the same ride with and without the extra weight, and didn't notice any difference whatsoever, so it's staying on along with all the kit.

NorvernRob

1 tube, 2 levers, couple of patches, small multitool + 2.5mm Allen key (fits pedals and brakes but the multitool only has whole mm keys).

It all fits in a tiny scicon bag under the saddle. I've just changed to tubulars on my best bike, so instead of the tube I'll carry a spare lightweight tyre and can of vittoria pit stop sealant in my jersey pocket.

I carry £10 for coffee stops, but should anything seriously break that I can't repair I'll just get a taxi home. Obviously I take a phone with me!

Mrs M

Guru
Phone, keys and chock bics

IncoherentJeff

Spare tube, tyre levers & mini pump.

If I was going on a cycling tour I'd add a chain tool & link to the list. Touch wood I haven't needed one yet.

Have used the tea spoon from my pack lunch when I forgot my levers, lesson learnt!

Though none of it was much use when I snapped a chain stay on my old Peugeot afew years back. So I always carry a phone too.

Top Bottom