What are your plans for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Decorating as in painting etc.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Christmas shopping pretty much done, supermarket delivery slot booked and meat ordered at the butchers.

So, largely sorted until Christmas when it will be just me, Mrs ND and the dog doing as little as possible for the 5 days I've got booked off :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Maz is going to her Son's for dinner so I get to do what I want (probably a curry) For those who don't know the Son was the person who burgled us when he needed money for his drug habit, nicked my Japanese 'Squier' Telecaster, £2,000 worth of Pentax Camera Gear and my Raleigh Mustang along with all Maz's jewellery and her Camcorder. Maz has forgiven him but I never will.

gbb

Legendary Member
My wife and myself have already agreed that, as it stands at the moment, we won't buy each other anything. Seems tight, miserly, miserable....no, its spending without purpose, a waste of what you'e worked for when each of us doesn' actually want or need anything...well, that we can think of now, that may change.
14 for dinner, it'll probably involve 3 tables ^_^ Us, daughter in law and two grandkids, son and his wife and three grandkids, daughter, her husband and one older grandson...and mum who beamed when we asked her.
A house full...stressy at times busy...but extraordinarily rewarding.

And to cap it all....im off from probably 22 or 23rd December till New Years Day.:notworthy:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Good God above Mr Nut, I can't say I blame you.
There's a bunch of other stuff he did but what really galled was when the feds went to interview him and his girlfriend they were persuaded that no break in had occurred and we were pulling an insurance scam, luckily I'd kept all the receipts but it still meant 6hrs sat in chokey (the house didn't look like anything had gone as in a 'normal' burglary, things like the TV and Hifi were still there.)

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
There's a bunch of other stuff he did but what really galled was when the feds went to interview him and his girlfriend they were persuaded that no break in had occurred and we were pulling an insurance scam, luckily I'd kept all the receipts but it still meant 6hrs sat in chokey (the house didn't look like anything had gone as in a 'normal' burglary, things like the TV and Hifi were still there.)
:hugs:

Mrs M

Guru
No idea :ohmy:
We went away last year to Tenerife for 1st ever Christmas abroad :becool: :sun: :bicycle:
Loved it but can’t get the time off this year :sad:
It’s only one day in the year so not to worry :thumbsup:

postman

Legendary Member
Got my pressies sorted.Pair of brake shoes and a cycle computer with more functions than the old one.That has just gone on the mtb for when i do the tow path again.Mrs Postman sorted her arty crafty things out,And the kids stuff is on it's way from Amazon.
Best part of Christmas for me is about 8-00pm on Christmas evening.There always seems to be a really nice feeling of all is well,that everything has been done right.and the day went well.or it just might be me.

We will be making curry and providing beer for lots of people on Christmas eve. We do this every year. It started when the lads were choristers. They used to do the nine lessons and carols service early evening then go back for midnight mass. In between, the whole choir plus hangers on used to pile back to ours. As an atheist, it got me out of going to church! The party now includes the local brass band who have been accompanying the nativity play up in town. All the little choristers have grown up but somehow still turn up!
We call it a party for local musicians who are a bit Christmassed out!
On Christmas day, we mostly sleep!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
We are at an age where we host dinner and tea , so it will be mad morning with kids descending into a turkey stupor as the day progresses and the elderly relatives take my share ( any really ) of mince pies

petek

Über Member
We have houseguests here most weekends and half terms between Easter and now so it's nice not to be hosting this Christmas.
Just the seven of us, four spaniels, one cat, MrsP and me.
Midnight mass on Christmas Eve.
Beach walkies first thing , as always - weather permitting on Christmas day.
Then in for a pork pie breakfast and opening prezzies.
We're stocking up and will be cabined up for the duration.
Looking forward to it. I love Christmas.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just the two of us which is exactly as we like it. We are by no means sociopaths but just enjoy the lovely atmosphere of Xmas on our own which is very romantic. One of our highlights will be the annual champagne launch of a Chinese Lantern that we both make a wish upon. Smashing!

Top Bottom