What are your plans for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Maz is going to her Son's for dinner so I get to do what I want (probably a curry) For those who don't know the Son was the person who burgled us when he needed money for his drug habit, nicked my Japanese 'Squier' Telecaster, £2,000 worth of Pentax Camera Gear and my Raleigh Mustang along with all Maz's jewellery and her Camcorder. Maz has forgiven him but I never will.
Good God. I wouldn't have forgiven him either.
Enjoy your curry.

We're having my brother and his wife, 3 kids and son in law as well as my mother in law. That makes 11 in total and my wife is working Christmas morning.

Julia9054

Guru
Just managed to make my Mother miffed by saying we are not driving over to them on Christmas Day as usual. My son is working and only gets Christmas Day off so it would mean 150mile round trip and no drink. I have invited them to ours and to stay over but she does like to control things.
If anyone is going to the pantomime in York, that will be my son on trumpet!

Julia9054

Guru
Oh no it isn't! :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist
Tee hee!
It's called Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood . . . which doesn't really sound as if it is quite suitable for family viewing!

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
We always said as soon as we had children family can come round to ours on Christmas Day.

Not on dragging them round the rellies when all they want to do is play with their presents!.

Tin Pot

Guru
Maz is going to her Son's for dinner so I get to do what I want (probably a curry) For those who don't know the Son was the person who burgled us when he needed money for his drug habit, nicked my Japanese 'Squier' Telecaster, £2,000 worth of Pentax Camera Gear and my Raleigh Mustang along with all Maz's jewellery and her Camcorder. Maz has forgiven him but I never will.
I can understand how you feel. Recently, my stepgrandson threatened to smashed a tv over my head when he had a brief stay with us. He also owes me lots of money which I will never get back, so I feel the same way as you.

Understandable, I have to make a stand for the Forgive camp given its Christmas and all. :santa:

Forgive, but don't forget, at least not for a long time, especially when junkies are involved. They have to be a long time off the junk before it's fair to let your guard down - fair to you or to them.

Anyhoo, I hope it goes well for both of you :blush:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Understandable, I have to make a stand for the Forgive camp given its Christmas and all. :santa:

Forgive, but don't forget, at least not for a long time, especially when junkies are involved. They have to be a long time off the junk before it's fair to let your guard down - fair to you or to them.

Anyhoo, I hope it goes well for both of you :blush:
No Maz's son got into Cocaine, about the fastest way to burn cash I can think of short of just burning it. As for the 'forgive' bit it wasn't the first time he'd pulled a stunt, we'd had a break-in previously when the 5.1 DVD set-up went 'walkies' we think that was him too (something he said to his Sister)

Top Bottom