What are your touring plans this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I would like to visit the Biscuit Isles.

such a Bad girl :laugh:

Brains

Legendary Member
I'm off to Prague to pick up the Elba River Trail and will cycle to Cuxhaven at the North Sea.

I'll be getting to Prague via Harwich, Hook of Holland and Amsterdam and returning via Munich, Amsterdam Hook of Holland and Harwich with stopovers in Amsterdam and Munich.

We did this route last year in reverse. We stopped at Decin, just south of the Czech border. The word on the path was that between Prague and Decin the 'cycle' route is more a concept than a reality

FYI the Bikeline book for the Elbe is very good
And Saxon Switzerland is well worth taking slowly as a lot to see

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
We did this route last year in reverse. We stopped at Decin, just south of the Czech border. The word on the path was that between Prague and Decin the 'cycle' route is more a concept than a reality

FYI the Bikeline book for the Elbe is very good
And Saxon Switzerland is well worth taking slowly as a lot to see

Got the books and I'm aware of the precarious nature of the Prague-Decin bit.

The only way to tour is slow :thumbsup:

snorri

Legendary Member
The word on the path was that between Prague and Decin the 'cycle' route is more a concept than a reality
There was one quite memorable bit where the path ran along a rocky ledge beside the river. Not wide enough to cycle safely, too narrow to walk beside the bike and push, and definitely to narrow to turn around and go back.:ohmy:

Still working on a recovery here as well, so nothing to make anyone envious.
OH now has a job, so we have 2 weeks in March in Scotland, it is cheaper to take a holiday home where we go to than use a campsite for 2 weeks so we will tour out of there. plan is a combination of day-rides (taking road bikes & mountain bikes) and hopefully a couple of longer 2 or 3 day rides if my leg holds up.
If I'm unlucky in finding a job (fingers crossed) then I will be able to get away a little by myself later on in the year, otherwise until he has leave again, that is it really.
Still trying to work out if I can JOGLE/LEJOG without him, but won't know until much later in the year if my leg can manage panniers & additional weight - scar tissue inside the leg is causing issues, as if the loss of sensation down the inside of the calf, not to mention the odd balance problems!

Yellow7

Über Member
I'm heading for Singapore, presently buying a few more bits n pieces & working on the new blog layout. Departure date is 12th May, tick-tock, tick-tock. :smile:

I'm considering a cheeky little trip to westvleteren but the only time I can go in the foreseeable is the second half of half term week as GLW is taking the kids up north. West Flanders in February? What could possibly go wrong.....

I'm off to Iceland for six weeks from early May and it'll be the longest tour I've done for a while.

I'm quite looking forward to it and like a kid who can't wait for Christmas I kicked the journal off a little early (http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/iceland2013), I'll hopefully keep this updated on the road.
I've looked into this, if your camping, a lot of the sites in Iceland don't open until June.

So it's the ferry Harwich - Hook of Holland at the end of April.
That will give me May to cycle up to the ferry to Iceland.
Around 8 weeks to cycle (probably clockwise) around Iceland.
That will give me a month to cycle home.

Sara_H

Guru
Still working on a recovery here as well, so nothing to make anyone envious.
OH now has a job, so we have 2 weeks in March in Scotland, it is cheaper to take a holiday home where we go to than use a campsite for 2 weeks so we will tour out of there. plan is a combination of day-rides (taking road bikes & mountain bikes) and hopefully a couple of longer 2 or 3 day rides if my leg holds up.
If I'm unlucky in finding a job (fingers crossed) then I will be able to get away a little by myself later on in the year, otherwise until he has leave again, that is it really.
Still trying to work out if I can JOGLE/LEJOG without him, but won't know until much later in the year if my leg can manage panniers & additional weight - scar tissue inside the leg is causing issues, as if the loss of sensation down the inside of the calf, not to mention the odd balance problems!
We should open a cycle chat rehab centre! There seems to be a few of us struck low in one way or another recently!

We should open a cycle chat rehab centre! There seems to be a few of us struck low in one way or another recently!
I know! how are you doing? I hate getting back from illness/injury - it is so boring and takes more out of me than the actual illness/injury did in the first place!
I took a turn for the worse (possibly though it could actually be ok, given your background you should understand) yesterday when I passed out after stopping because of not feeling great whilst cycling.... http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/new-use-for-a-garmin-edge-200.122914/ could actually be that I am getting my fitness back, but who knows... still I was not carted off to hospital, or immediate blood tests done when I saw the GP today, so suspect it is what it appears to be nothing more serious but back to endocrine unit and no doubt more tests & MRI's... :sad:

Sara_H

Guru
I know! how are you doing? I hate getting back from illness/injury - it is so boring and takes more out of me than the actual illness/injury did in the first place!
I took a turn for the worse (possibly though it could actually be ok, given your background you should understand) yesterday when I passed out after stopping because of not feeling great whilst cycling.... http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/new-use-for-a-garmin-edge-200.122914/ could actually be that I am getting my fitness back, but who knows... still I was not carted off to hospital, or immediate blood tests done when I saw the GP today, so suspect it is what it appears to be nothing more serious but back to endocrine unit and no doubt more tests & MRI's... :sad:
Blummin eck! Just read the linked thread, sounds erm, scary :ohmy:

I'm getting there.....slowly.

Any physical activity is making me incredibly tired at the minute - I just about manage the dogs walk in a morning then I'm more or less done in for the day! Very frustrating! I've never had any serious illness before, it's shocked me how long its taking to recover!

Top Bottom