what bars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tango

3_4_1_3-e1517064399579.jpg
jones-sg-loop-h-bar_1.jpg
Surly-Moloko-handlebar_2.jpg

OP
OP
Tango

Tango

I am looking at bar options for a new bike build.

I only ever use the drops when going down a steep hill for extra leverage on the brakes, so wondered what options there are for long distance comfort and of road forays (canal tow path, forest trail, etc) when I find the opportunity to break the tarmac journey up for a few miles

I have seen the Jones H bar and as quirky as it looks it does seem to make sense from a comfort point of view, similar is the Surly Moloko and the interesting looking Velo Orange

any thoughts would be appreciated

Bodhbh

Guru
I've got some Jones bars - I get on with them okay, but a tad too much backsweep for me. The Moloko bars look better from that PoV, but I've never tried em. They also don't look as wierd when actually on a bike. Neither are cheap, but hold their value on eBay if you don't get on with them.

Favourite bars are On One Mary, but they angle the cables directly where the barbag sits if you want to run one. However, noticed the other day they've brought out a similar bar - the OG - which is wider and looks like there's room for a barbag without fouling the cables. I've ordered one so can report shortly.

There's always a riser bar and bar ends...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I rarely used the drops on my road bikes until I got my GT Grade with flaired drops. Now I am always on the drops, especially off-road and when messing about riding down embankment and steps etc. I love the flaired position, have you considered a set?
I just so happen to have a spare set that might be for sale if the right offer is made. You could even try before you buy it you want to borrow them before committing to buy.

Top Bottom