What bike/bikes are you planning to buy in 2017?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Looking at getting one of these three at the moment - Whyte Friston...

I wasn't planning on getting one of those until I saw your post in the other thread. Really like the look of that bike. A lot.

Already on my shopping list are:
New Brompton - very nearly bought at the start of this year but then a change of circumstances meant I'm no longer commuting, so less impetus. Would very much like one though.
MTB - I've always been a road cyclist but since I've been dabbling with CX, I've developed more of a hankering for some more serious offroad stuff.
CX bike with gears - current CX bike is singlespeed, which I love, but it is a limiting factor on some (but not all) courses.

rockpig

Über Member
I'm not planning on buying any new bikes in 2017. Then again I didn't plan to buy 2 in 2016 either. I need to clear some space in the garage so my 1999 Muddy Fox Trailblazer will have to go as will a couple of the kids bikes so I'll have fewer bikes in 2017, strictly speaking.

Triple3

One of these... maybe... but with a higher spec.

0000004416_e5d05b77-31c2-469a-9837-90550e1b33af.jpg

Once I collect mine in January I will post lots of tempting pictures to sway you :okay: Pictures are all I see at moment until I return frome work :rolleyes:

mattobrien

Guru
My handlebars and saddle turned up yesterday, so 2017's new bike is starting to get a few more bits in the box at LBS.

Just need the frame, gruppo and hubs to arrive and we'll be in business.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have a skewer rack. For punctures? I just pull the qr out to get the wheel off. Really doesn't take any longer than a normal wheel.

As for bike buys, Im tempted by the Ribble cgr for light touring/trail use with large tyres. Never want to do full scale touring so don't need to carry much but want something a bit more relaxed with clearance for larger tyres than my trek 2.1. Suggestions appreciated.
Good to know , i would need to add a clamp for the seat stay mount , tempted to use a seat post adaptor , would be adding it to this ....
rs 11 wheels.jpg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Oooops i seem to have bought another new bike.......it wasnt planned though

Top Bottom