What bike/bikes are you planning to buy in 2017?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've got one of these on order
NK1K_side.jpg

Although I have specced it up a little from the version shown above.

I now need all the different parts to actually arrive at LBS so the thing can be built - currently we are waiting on most of it, I think that the only major component that has actually arrived are the rims. Serves me right for deciding to build a bike out of bits that are yet to be released...

That's pretty damn sexy.

Would be wasted on someone of my modest abilities though. :laugh:

RegG

Über Member
That's pretty damn sexy.

Would be wasted on someone of my modest abilities though. :laugh:

Yeah, but think what it would do for your street cred!! :becool:

rivers

How far can I go?
I really like my current bike, and it's less than a year old, so I don't think the wife will agree to me buying another one. I might upgrade the groupset and wheels however, as my bike is an entry level specialized. However, I find it really comfortable to ride size and geometry wise, so I don't want to risk losing that feeling, hence just upgrading components.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I "only" have 3 bikes , the plan would be to sell my carrera and turn the alloy boardman into my winter bike/ commuter bike , its hasnt got rack points so im looking at maybe a seat post rack or i do have one that connects to the QR skewer but im not sure about the later if i have to faf about with a puncture in the dark .

I have a decent 'best-bike' that my wife bought me for my 50th, back in October 2015

That said, practically every day-off I've had, it's going to rain, raining, or rained, so it's not had much use (to the point of the mould-flashings are still on the tyres)

It's a Ribble Gran-Fondo, with full Ultegra, Ultegra wheels, Ritchey WCS bars/stem/seat-pin

Rides. Squires 2. 1.jpg

I am considering replacing my all-purpose (commuter/trainer/all-weather) bike, with a different model, from the same stable
It's a 'blue'/winter/audax frame, as Ribble term it

Ribble. 7.JPG

I was considering their Sportive 365, but then started contemplating discs, for wet-weather useage, as I'm fed up of constantly changing blocks
Thus, when the CR3 came out, I thought perfect......... http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-cr3-cx/#pid=30907

However, then they announced the GCR, that started to tick boxes, as it was cheaper than the CR3, & a good winter colour
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-cgr/#pid=34786
BUT; it's heavy, & that front fork/mudguard inter-relationship (unless it's the guards used??) make it look it's part moto-cross bike

There are 3 other road-bikes still here (& my CX bike)

I "only" have 3 bikes , the plan would be to sell my carrera and turn the alloy boardman into my winter bike/ commuter bike , its hasnt got rack points so im looking at maybe a seat post rack or i do have one that connects to the QR skewer but im not sure about the later if i have to faf about with a puncture in the dark .

I have a skewer rack. For punctures? I just pull the qr out to get the wheel off. Really doesn't take any longer than a normal wheel.

As for bike buys, Im tempted by the Ribble cgr for light touring/trail use with large tyres. Never want to do full scale touring so don't need to carry much but want something a bit more relaxed with clearance for larger tyres than my trek 2.1. Suggestions appreciated.

GuyBoden

Guru
In 2017, I'm trying not to buy this Raleigh Road Ace. One of my all time fav Raleigh production bikes.
Full Shimano 600 Tri colour set.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
We have a new CTW scheme, one where I could finally work out exactly what it was going to cost me. I signed up for it but couldn't confirm it on the outside providers site. (Don't you just love technology) long story short, I'm as yet unsure, but this thread is giving me a few ideas if it works out. If not, my existing bike isn't old, and is probably about right for my current capabilities.

None,unless I win the lottery when an Enigma Excel,Shand Stooshie and Ridley Noah SL would be ordered:whistle:.

And a nice custom job for the better half too:smooch:.

On a slightly more sensible note I will try and pick up some Dura-Ace bits for the Helium now that the new version is out and then pass the Ultegra to the better half's Liv Avail.

mustang1

Legendary Member
None!

I get a lot more by having so much less.

But screw that. If I get one then maybe a Giant Defy with 28mm tires so I can use it as a pseudo cross gravel bike and stick a couple of fingers up at those marketing buffoons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom