What bike/bikes are you planning to buy in 2017?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
No bikes in 2017 as Ive already got a brand new frameset in the cave to build up on boxing day.

I may look at getting sram etap though.......and possibly new wheels

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I may have a cycle scheme voucher on the way....

I may be interested in a hardtail MTB.

This might be 2016 if it all goes to plan though, but maybe 2017.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Possibly looking at replacing my Triban with a Giant Contend SL1 Disc

107a52dc.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
I have lots of bits of bikes - or - bits of lots of bikes which I need to cobble together into something rideable. I also have no storage or workshop space so they're all inaccessible at the moment.

Guess I'll be working on the new folder for the forseeable future.

vickster

Legendary Member
None!
(Unless a 55cm Condor Gran Fondo frame appears on eBay, then I will not be able to help myself)!

I'd need to sell at least one off though for space reasons

My aim should probably actually be to actually at least ride the 5 at some point/regularly (don't think I've actually had the carbon out this year)

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
I'll start ....

currently I have 3 bikes ...

my daily (spring/summer/autumn commuter is a Specialized S-Works Transition (a definate keeper and my favourite bike)

A giant TCR Composite (my fast bike) .... it's faster on hills that the Specialized, because the geometry is different and I pedal faster that the S-Works when I stand and pedal .... on flats, there is not much difference in top speed. The S-Works weighs a bit less (just over 7kg), and the Giant weighs just over a kilo and a bit more

My winter commuting bike is a Surly Long Haul Trucker .... heavy with 26 inch wheels .... slow but very comfortable, and a definate keeper. I bought this bike with the intention of cyling LEJOG, but if I do LEJOG, I will want to ride it as fast as I can, so at this stage, I would rather use the Specialized

So, they way I'm leaning at this stage is:

Keep the S-Works as my daily summer commuter .... it's quick, and it's exciting to ride

save up, then sell the Giant TCR and replace that with a good used Scott Foil with Di2 .... this will be my 'fast'/weekend bike.... I really like these

Keep the Surly Long Haul Trucker for special slow group rides with friends (it's a definate keeper, and very very comfy .... can be ridden 12-14 hours a day at 20-22km/hr with a decent saddle

Buy a good used Specialized Roubaix .... add 700Cx28 tyres, Dynamo hub and lights, mudguards, and I will have a very good Winter bike that I can ride fast when I want to (thats what I'm missing from the Surly), plus it may be good for long Audax rides (which I'm planning on doing in 2017)

plus one more for fun ..... a vintage racing Tricycle similiar to this: (I've wanted one for a long time)

3269607353_ff91f97300.jpg

so what's on your wishlist for 2017?

My wish list is "one of each!" But I probably will not buy another bike.

Rustybucket

Veteran
None for next year, planning on a titanium one next, probably won't be able to afford it until 2019 thou!

Long term planning!

Did buy a lovely Cannondale synapse this year, so can't grumble.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
None. Four of the current squadron do specific jobs and then two others act as backup but I ought to sell them or rent them out and two aren't mine. One or two might get replaced, but they would almost certainly be replacements.

mattobrien

Guru
I've got one of these on order
NK1K_side.jpg

Although I have specced it up a little from the version shown above.

I now need all the different parts to actually arrive at LBS so the thing can be built - currently we are waiting on most of it, I think that the only major component that has actually arrived are the rims. Serves me right for deciding to build a bike out of bits that are yet to be released...

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
I've got my Giant Escape which will become my 'everywhere, all the time' bike once I've sorted out some panniers and a rack.

I'd quite like to add a hardtail MTB, singlespeed/fixie and a drop bar road bike that will become the fair weather toy. If I'm lucky I'll get two out of the three in 2017. It's times like this I'm glad I got rid of the missus.

GOAB

Top Bottom