What bike jersey brands do you wear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I’ve got a dozen jerseys probably but mostly not more than one of the same brand. I buy whatever is on sale in my size that I like the design of.
No DHB or Castelli though as their women’s sizes are extremely ungenerous!
Brand doesn’t matter frankly, fit and aesthetic do
I totally agree with with this. I have cycling jerseys from Rapha to 30p offers from a supermarket.
I bought the supermarket specials about 8 years ago. I bought 5. I wear one regularly and the others are in the original wrappers. They are not pretty. But I cant destroy it. The Rapha and the Specials could be made on the same production line for all I know.

mustang1

Guru
Most of my kit is rapha but I also have some endura which I used for leisure rides. The endura fs260 range is particularly good like someone mentioned above when comparing price and performance. I dont think I would buy fs260 if it became any dearer though.

I don't ride enough to justify rapha but then intention is always there.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Most of my kit is rapha but I also have some endura which I used for leisure rides. The endura fs260 range is particularly good like someone mentioned above when comparing price and performance. I dont think I would buy fs260 if it became any dearer though.

I don't ride enough to justify rapha but then intention is always there.
Haha and I ride in my rapha kit with fingers crossed that I could be a pro eventually- but chances are probably slim- of that happening.:laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
How did you even come up with the idea to get a recumbent bike in the first place? What are they like to ride compared to a road bike?

You are asking the wrong question. Would you consider riding a road bike and a hybrid or mountain or fat bike the same? Recumbent just describes the seating arrangement and there is as much variance as between the above types of “upright” bikes that I have mentioned.

As you go up the audax distances you’ll find it gets harder and harder to stay comfortable on a road bike. You’ll need padded shorts, you may need chamois cream, you’ll want padded gloves, you may get a stiff back, your neck may hurt, you may have have problems keeping your head up on really long rides, your bum may hurt, you need to keep moving the hands around to avoid pins and needles or them going numb etc etc etc. Recumbents solve all these issues so the only thing you get at the end of a long audax is tired legs, and no special clothing required.

But as I said above , there are many variations and designs and also personal preferences. There’s no standing up to get up hills when legs tire. So you need a different approach to preserve legs more spinning, less mashing.

Do enough audaxes you’ll see a wide range of bikes, some of which will be recumbents. You may even see velomobiles which are fully faired recumbent trikes.

I consider mine like piloting a fighter jet. It just carves through the turns and laughs at headwinds. I now also climb faster on it than my road bike after the leg muscles adapted in all the right places.

Beware though, riding a recumbent gives you a manic grin

If you ever get to ride or volunteer at PBP there is even a start group dedicated purely to recumbents and special bikes.

RAAM which is a coast to coast race across America about 3000 miles was won back in the 1990s on my make / model recumbent with its full fairing which can be bought separately. It was won in 5 days 1 hour, a record unbroken to this day. Average over those 5 days of 25 mph or something. That’s an average including any stops.

A full fairing will add somewhere between 6-10 mph to your average speed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Never heard of any of them?
All good enough quality, Alpkit and Ground Effect better than Foska and Scimitar probably, Ground Effect from NZ and a bit pricier but still cheaper than the trendy brands like Rapha, Castelli, etc.
https://alpkit.com/collections/cycle-clothing-womens/products/kepler-velo-short-sleeve-womens That one looks quite nice! But need to reign in my cycling spending, have spent way too much over the summer and need to save up for a new bike :shy:

i have a couple of Torm jerseys. had them for years and they are still going strong.

nice fellas too if you manage to get to the shop

the_mikey

Legendary Member
My cycling wardrobe consists of a few Dhb winter long sleeve tops (two fluro yellow and one red), I have four sportful tops, two Morvelo tops and weirdly the tops I wear the most are a pair of plain coloured tops (cyan) that I bought from Impsport a few years ago, they are completely plain, no logos or stripes or anything, no special features or fancy materials, but they're perfect for cool spring/late summer rides when the temperature is mild but not hot, sadly they don't seem to sell them anymore.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Mainly Altura, Endura, Castelli, LG and FWE though ive recently been rocking this one from Primal most recently with the warmer weather.

primal-apparel-departed-short-sleeve-jersey-grey-black-white-EV238873-7000-1.jpg

Its a bit like marmite to be honest. It makes me feel like football referee or a baseball player when i have it on. Im a bit of a child so i do like the abstract graphics on some of the older and newer jerseys that they make.

Last edited:

Kryton521

Über Member
Foska mostly. Got cycology base layers and like the tops. I'd forgotten GroundEffect. Used their stuff when I was an avid off road rider, can certainly agree to it's quality, really good.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Are those mostly for summer or winter? They look nice though- just looked them up and good price. How are they compared to rapha?
context: Torm jerseys

All year, pretty much. Once it goes up to 27/28° I'll switch to something thinner and flappier. In the winter I layer up, adding a base layer (usually Brynje mesh) and gilet or windproof or softshell jacket as I see fit. I use a proper saddlebag, so there's always somewhere to undress into if it's warmer in the afternoon than it was first thing.
Never tried Rapha.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

context: Torm jerseys

All year, pretty much. Once it goes up to 27/28° I'll switch to something thinner and flappier. In the winter I layer up, adding a base layer (usually Brynje mesh) and gilet or windproof or softshell jacket as I see fit. I use a proper saddlebag, so there's always somewhere to undress into if it's warmer in the afternoon than it was first thing.
Never tried Rapha.
I have a silk rapha and it's very light,breathes well, I don't really sweat much in it and comfortable. High quality too.

Top Bottom