What brand is this shock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jethro10

Über Member
Actually just thinking (I'm not in the market for this bike just curious)

If they make their own shock, and it fits through the frame, It doesn't seem to have a pivot point at the bottom.
Surley this would limit sales as a replacement would have to be "own brand" and the bike now seems discontinued.

Or am I missing something.
Jeff

jethro10 said:

If they make their own shock, and it fits through the frame, It doesn't seem to have a pivot point at the bottom.
Surley this would limit sales as a replacement would have to be "own brand" and the bike now seems discontinued.

Jeff

On the link you provided it says....

Description:
The Lapierre X-Race 300 2008 Mountain Bike. Featuring the X-Race 300 Alloy SL frame build with 165mm of rear wheel travel and Fox 32 F100RL suspension forks.

Isn't it that simple?....

EDIT: No it's not that simple. I need to learn to read more closely. You said rear. Bugger!

bonj2

own brand. you're very wise to consider availability of frame spares/frame serviceability in the buying criteria of a mtb.

kyuss

Veteran
jethro10 said:

Jeff

It must have a pivot point, or that design would never work.

Rear shocks are fairly standard in their design, much like BB's, disk mounts etc. The frame will be designed to accept a standard shock rather than the shock being designed to fit the frame.

For instance their X-Control 210 uses the same LP Air/Oil 165, while the 410, which is the same frame, uses a Fox Float. I'm sure the X-Race range would have been the same (though it's no longer on the site to check). Suggests to me while the LP is marketed as an own brand, that's more likely to keep costs down and it will still be designed to the same standard diameters as Fox, Rock Shocks etc.

Of course, I could be wrong. :smile:

bonj2

look carefully at whether changing the pivot bearings is doable by an LBS with bearing press or is a send-back-to-manufacturer job.
That one stung me with my old mtb frame and was the trigger to me changing it. (new one's much better anyway though).

Top Bottom