What can I do with problem with online bike shop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
Heh thats funny. They said bluntly they won't post the new one without receiving the faulty one. Even though I said I was intending to have it built this weekend for a trip.

I had to argue about it long and hard in the case of my phone (but to be fair they'd had three attempts to collect it by then and failed each time)

I would suggest to them that they should have the faulty one back by now, and the fact that they haven't is nothing to do with you despite it costing you time.

I presume though they have the replacement on order and that's why it's taking two weeks, so as long as they collect the faulty one before then it shouldn't matter. I'd expect some sort of sweetener for the wasted day though - perhaps they could inspect the replacement before sending it and stick a BB or headset in for you or something? A wasted day off is not good.

And of course they will have to collect at your convenience now i.e. at your work.

OP
OP
M

MrWill

I've finally had to cancel the order with Winstanleys. I have never been messed around so much, and would not even think it possible. They now keep canceling the order and re-creating, each time extending the ETA, which they say is now 18th. No one there seems to have any idea what is going on or even cares. Questions go blatantly ignored when I query wth is going on.

Absolutely abysmal service from WInstanleysbikes.co.uk. Wonder if they can manage a refund...

Have ordered it elsewhere who will have it to me by friday!

yello

Absolutely abysmal service from WInstanleysbikes.co.uk.

I believe you are not alone. They do not have a good reputation as I recall. If you paid by credit card then you should be ok with the refund, even if Winstanley do start messing you around.

I hope you have a better experience with the new purchase.

Top Bottom