What can I expect from riding clipped in ...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
image.jpg
image.jpg
Your shoes better be white, or you'll feel the shame of Essex

Ha ha ! Mate I'm Essex through & through wouldn't want it any other way & of course theyre White & match the bike as well ;)

So what cleats will these shoes take then , both types ?

Flip them over, and photograph the soles.

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Yep both , just no white socks

Cool , so I can use them shoes with the current pedals if I wish , but be better to get spd-sl pedals & set the bike up with the spd-sl set up both pedals & shoes is that what you suggest ?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
If you fit the cleats yourself, make sure that they are tightened up sufficiently, otherwise you'll find that the cleat stays fast in the pedal & your shoe just turns & doesn't unclip :blush: luckily 'my friend' managed to get home & stop at the gatepost without needing to stop & have a clipless moment, but he then had to unfasten his shoe & leave them fastened to the bike until he had a screwdriver to release them. I, sorry, he them tightened them up & they worked fine, but apart from that, no other clipless moments in 10 years & many thousand miles.
On my single speed I have M324 pedals, as I use it as my pub bike & dont always want to wear cycling shoes, but I do prefer to be clipped in :okay:

cm2mackem

Über Member
Cool , so I can use them shoes with the current pedals if I wish , but be better to get spd-sl pedals & set the bike up with the spd-sl set up both pedals & shoes is that what you suggest ?
I would as setting up spd-sl can be a real pain and shops charge quite a bit for a set up

I'd put the cleats on those shoes on saturday. Then on sunday you can decide which shoes to wear. Once you are comfortable riding clipped in, buy some cleats for your MTB shoes.

Then you can choose which shoes to wear on a ride. Roadie shoes will be hard to walk in, so MTB shoes when you are expecting a cafe break.

OP
OP
Tiny01

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
I'd put the cleats on those shoes on saturday. Then on sunday you can decide which shoes to wear. Once you are comfortable riding clipped in, buy some cleats for your MTB shoes.

Then you can choose which shoes to wear on a ride. Roadie shoes will be hard to walk in, so MTB shoes when you are expecting a cafe break.

Yep will do that , thanks again fellas for all your help & advice it's really appreciated I owe you a beer if our paths ever cross .

I've been "sitting" on this for a while. I hope you will take it in the light hearted vein I wrote it in :smile: (that's both @cm2mackem and @Tiny01)
Your shoes better be white, or you'll feel the shame of Essex
You know, I've missed the whole "Essex" stereotype (mostly from never watching "reality" tv), but I think of white, heeled ankle boots as "f*ck me boots". Is that what you are suggesting @Tiny01 should be going for??

Top Bottom