What can you do with carpet off cuts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
If I'd had smaller pieces I'd have been tempted to stitch them into my pants and used them instead of padded bibshorts ;)

Or perhaps use velcro and then you can just wash the landing strip when required as the rest of the shorts don't need cleaning as often.

Noodley

longers said:
Or perhaps use velcro and then you can just wash the landing strip when required as the rest of the shorts don't need cleaning as often.

I had considered that but decided I am so forgetful that velcro/scrotum interface was a distinct possibility ;)

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
Thanks for the many interesting ideas and suggestions. Some quick responses shown below.

wafflycat said:
Recover the cat scratch posts...
Cat recently kicked the bucket I'm sorry to say and no plans to get another.

Your local carpet shop should have a machine to sew around the edges with wool. Turns them into useful rugs for the heavy use parts of the house.
Will look into this.

Cubist said:
I use them as a rug/carpet on the groundsheet in the family tent.
You have a carpet inside your tent? :sad:

rh100 said:
Allotment owners may take it for above reason, try it on freecycle.
Good idea.

The Velvet Curtain said:
Stick it to your garage walls to protect the car door when you open it.
Too many bikes (and junk) in garage for a car to fit in.

ComedyPilot said:
A cheap make-do goatee beard for your first few visits to the local 'Vladimir Ilyich Lenin Appreciation Society'?
Full marks for lateral thinking.

The Velvet Curtain said:
Tape a small piece of carpet to the bottom of your slippers, then there is no need to carpet the whole house.
:biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
We had some carpet fitted recently and the old bloke who did the quote told me that in the poorer times way back when, he used to stitch samples and offcuts together for people who couldn;t afford the real McCoy.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The way things are going that might just happen again!

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I was about 15 my parents paid out a small fortune to get the whole house carpeted; a week later I spilled a tin of model aircraft paint on my bedroom carpet! Heart in mouth I did what I'd seen the carpet fitters doing - I cut out a square, put some tape underneath sticky side up and pushed in a slightly bigger patch, which I hammered down then ruffled the nap -I knew about getting the nap facing the right way as well. My mum never spotted the repair.

Top Bottom