What can you smell ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
What can I smell?

Almost nothing. I have Anosmia. I can smell smoke, coconut, vinegar, and contact adhesive.........and that's just about it. I can't smell flowers even if I stick my nose right into the middle of them. In a wine tasting, blindfolded, I couldn't smell which glass had wine in it, and which had water.

D

Deleted member 1258

I opened an incognito window so google wouldn't remember forever that I was interested in this condition.

Google doesn't know what it is.

I tried searching for it but all I got is pages about cactus care.:wacko:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Head to the nearest care home for a wee smell top up to complete the set.

I work in an assisted living complex..a urine infection can be overpowering..
I often have to go on courses at Care homes...you need to be nose blind..like @Richard A Thackeray probably has ..it's so overpowering at times.
Those who work with it day in day out seem to cope ..me it makes me retch

Julia9054

Guru
What can I smell?

Almost nothing. I have Anosmia. I can smell smoke, coconut, vinegar, and contact adhesive.........and that's just about it. I can't smell flowers even if I stick my nose right into the middle of them. In a wine tasting, blindfolded, I couldn't smell which glass had wine in it, and which had water.
My son also has almost no sense of smell. He can smell some things if he breathes the odour in through his mouth but through his nose almost nothing.
We didn't work it out until he was about 12 as he always used to join in laughing at the "pooh, whose farted!" Type jokes without having any idea what anyone was on about.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I work in an assisted living complex..a urine infection can be overpowering..
I often have to go on courses at Care homes...you need to be nose blind..like @Richard A Thackeray probably has ..it's so overpowering at times.
Those who work with it day in day out seem to cope ..me it makes me retch
Without wishing to go into unpleasant details, I do work with it on a daily basis. You get used to it.
You can get used to most things.

Slick

Guru
I think people often mistake central heating boiler exhaust for gas leaks..it can smell a bit..

I've got a new house and I can easily distinguish the difference between a boiler exhaust and gas but every time I bend down to take of my shoes I feel like I get a whiff of gas.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My mate is back in the 'older persons ward' with more foot infections (serious type 1 issues) after he spent over 100 days in there. Now those wards smell.

Top Bottom