What can you smell ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I work in an assisted living complex..a urine infection can be overpowering..
I often have to go on courses at Care homes...you need to be nose blind..like @Richard A Thackeray probably has ..it's so overpowering at times.
Those who work with it day in day out seem to cope ..me it makes me retch

My MIL's house smells bad these days. She's stopped using the loo and will only use the commode as she is scared of falling. Even though the commode is changed and cleaned every few hours, the smell is there as you open the door. Not much you can do.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I seem to have lost my sense of smell. But my nose is hyper sensitive to cigarette smoke.

keithmac

Guru
Wife got a sniff of damp the morning, turns out boiler we had repaired 3 weeks agonhas been leaking, ruined a duvet but luckily that soaked up the brunt of it..

Son £350 worth of Xbox steering wheel was in there as well..

subaqua

What’s the point
My mate is back in the 'older persons ward' with more foot infections (serious type 1 issues) after he spent over 100 days in there. Now those wards smell.

I started my apprenticeship rewiring a nursing home - very different from a nurses home . the smell of stale urine and the aroma of faeces haunts me still.
one resident, John Thomas ( yes really) had a bag for both and was wheelchair bound. he used to delight in running over both in the chair and bursting the bags.

the room had welded vinyl floor and the upstand on it was 4ft up the wall to try and stop damage to the fabric of the building.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I am involved in the investigation of a very specific and interesting type of body odour. So mainly that.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4787293, member: 259"]I like the nice bonfirey smell of Jamaican herb, but the skunk people usually smoke now is minging.[/QUOTE]
Nice bonfire by a local grower the other morning!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Like others have said, the smell of nursing home sticks in your mind. I worked in one for 4 years. The other staff said i was a bit snooty for not sitting on the residents seats or drinking out of the same cups as them. I saw an old chap doing a bowel movement in one of the cups.xx( It's alright,they're washed well, said one of the staff. :rolleyes:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I work for a perfume manufacturer so I'm one of the few chaps who can go home smelling of women's perfume and get away with it.

The labs are downstairs and some raw materials like furfuryl mercaptan are so stinky that if one of the lab staff opens the bottle, the stink fills the entire building in a few minutes. Should be in a fume cupboard really. It's not unpleasant as it's used in tiny dosages to make a coffee aroma but boy does it stink.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
aromatherapy.jpg

I do love the smell of gunsmoke in the morning. The smell of success.

Top Bottom