What Car Do you Drive?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
vauxhall meriva, wife likes driving that sort of car as its handy with the high roof for getting baby seats in and out and the low level boot for getting pushchairs etc out.
On the odd occasion i drive it i find i have to think that i am in a car.....
 
What engine is in that Larry and how old is it? Have you had any problems with it, with it being French and that. Just I am looking for a cheaper car to run, as I mentioned in a recent thread the goverment are pricing me off the road with my 1.6 Focus petrol
peepwallA.gif
Its a 2003 1.6 diesel. I have had no problems at all with the engine. have had to replace some parts of the suspension over the years but I think that's a combination of age and the state of the roads.
 

Attachments

  • peepwallA.gif
    peepwallA.gif
    4 KB · Views: 16

PaulB

Squire
Location
Colne
VW Passat estate. So's I can sleep in the back on my jaunts up north.
 

mattobrien

Guru
Location
Sunny Suffolk
Toyota Surf - will easiy fit the bike in the back and is also used for towing.

Lotus Elise - more economical than the Toyota and a lot more fun. No room for the bike though. Took the hard top off it tonight, so sorry if it rains.

Caterham Seven R500 - no room for anything really, but very little faster on track that can also be driven on the road. Really ought to get out on track in it some time soon.

Mrs O has an A4 Avant, the 'baby wagon'

Oddly I don't do very many miles anymore, the car collection is a little unbalanced in that respect. Definitely tryingto up the miles on the bike though.
 

loadz

Guru
Location
Toon
Lovely! What engine's in it? We had a bizarre custom 100 with a 2.2 litre 5 cylinder turbo (but only 2WD) that came from an Audi engineer. It went like stink off a shovel. :smile:

It's the same engine. 2.2 5cyl 10valve turbo.its not as quick as many/any of the modern hot hatches but it's a joy to drive on a summers day :smile:
 
Top Bottom