What cycling shoes to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

You bought all the other bits of kit you've asked advice about yet?

Just wondering what you think of it all.
I bought most of it, good bib shorts and tights is something I am happy to pay for

vickster

Legendary Member
It's all about what costs we prioritise in life.
Yep, plus income. Guessing you don’t yet have children and a mortgage.

more about justifying expenditure for me. I won’t spend a large sum on something with a particular label when something half the price will do just as good a job

The asos bib tights are very warm and comfortable, I think I should replace my saddle eventually it is ok but could be more comfortable.
Nice, I wear Assos.

Which ones as some are 'Male specific ' so to speak.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

Or a job, Uni if I remember erectly.
I don't have a job yet, I still need to finish off my degree. In lock down there is no where to go out so that's money saved, I can study from home, I don't drink alcohol or smoke so that's even more saving for me.

May have mentioned I did what @vickster suggest and ordered a load of shoes to try and return. I currently have 2 x fizik, 2 x Northwave Ghost, 2 x Shimano X501 and 3 x Bont Riot+ MTB sat in spare room ready for return to Wiggle.
I now know which are more comfortable, which are not, which suit me and which don’t. I know I need the Bont in Wide fit 116mm and only available direct from Bont but know a 47 is correct size despite Bonts web sizing saying I am a 45/10.5. I know Fizik are way more comfy and soft than NW or Shimano and I know wrap around closing do not suit my flippers. It’s cost me nothing as I joined Wiggle+ for £9.99 and get free next day delivery. Returns is free so no loss there. I am temporarily out of pocket about 1200 quid but all will be returned within 7 days and then I can order what I know will fit.
Take peoples advice. You may think it’s not what you want but other than the Brexit thread shite, these people do know their stuff and happy to help you :okay:

Mark pallister

Yep, plus income. Guessing you don’t yet have children and a mortgage.

more about justifying expenditure for me. I won’t spend a large sum on something with a particular label when something half the price will do just as good a job
But how do you know ?

Top Bottom