What did you eat for breakfast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
I vary between granola with freshfruit and yoghurt and good old fashioned porridge made in a pan (not of your instant sachet crap!).

I have discovered rather late in life that cooking it with salt in is actually a good thing, the scots were onto something. i still like a bit of fruit and a dripple of golden syrup on the top though.

Linda mcCartney vegan mince is horrible btw and I have tried it.

Usually my breakfast is very samey. For years it was museli and banana. Then I switched to toast with marmite or honey. Then i did fruit and nut porridge.
Now it is a bit all over the place, different time, skipped . Usually toast and something. A regular breakfast at the same time evey morning is like an anchor for the day.

Fried egg on toast and bubble & squeak
I love bubble and squeak. Unfortunately it makes my stomach 'bubble and squeak' too! 😳

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
An omelette with mushrooms and ham...

Ooh now that's a nice thing! Mushrooms are fab.

While I do like all sorts (including big hugely breakfasts with bacon and sausages etc), one of the best breakfasts I ever had was at a place in the Azores, it was just enormous sliced field mushrooms fried in butter and thyme, and served on buttered brioche. Heaven.

vickster

Legendary Member
Usually porridge made with skimmed milk and water (microwaved).
Weekend / if in a hurry - mix of sugar free Alpen and cornflakes with skimmed milk
With a mug of tea :okay:

johnblack

Über Member
Ooh now that's a nice thing! Mushrooms are fab.

While I do like all sorts (including big hugely breakfasts with bacon and sausages etc), one of the best breakfasts I ever had was at a place in the Azores, it was just enormous sliced field mushrooms fried in butter and thyme, and served on buttered brioche. Heaven.
It's the simplest foods that leave the best memories when they are cooked to perfection.

Mushrooms are something that we are never without in our house.

Top Bottom